ikenever

Russia - World Wing Suit Boogie and Competition

Hi friends,

You can view all the pictures of the events in webpage :
http://blueskypara.free.fr menu "Photos"

Many thanks to all photographers, organisators, load masters and participants !

Friendly yours,
Dani

You seem to collect a lot of pictures and videos from various places and post them to your website? Some of them without attribution? I don't think this is fair to the original photographers and, in the case of video, the creators and camerapeople of the videos?

Although 99% of the people probably wont object, it might be nice to ask their permission to host it on your site first...

Cheers,

Costyn.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

You seem to collect a lot of pictures and videos from various places and post them to your website? Some of them without attribution? I don't think this is fair to the original photographers and, in the case of video, the creators and camerapeople of the videos?

Although 99% of the people probably wont object, it might be nice to ask their permission to host it on your site first...

Cheers,

Costyn.

Hi Costyn,

I would like to apologize if there is pictures from photographers which is not written their name on it. I would like to change it.

I am totally agree with you but, the pictures in the web site was free of any copyright and not protected. Anyway, in case of the autor would like to erase the pictures from the web site or to see their name on the pictures, they are free to contact me. That will be done immediately.
My goal is to promote our sport and passion. It is not to hurt people.

Again, I apologize if I done something wrong and be free to contact me to correct mistakes I could done ... [:/]

Friendly yours,
Dani
...to infinity and beyond !!!!!

I am totally agree with you but, the pictures in the web site was free of any copyright and not protected.

Unless otherwise noted by a special license (like a Creative Commons license), pictures (and other artistic works) are automatically copyright by the people who made them. So even if they have no copyright symbol on them or accompanying them, they are still copyrighted by the authors, and usually people will be ok if you just include their name by the picture. However, with larger resolutions, you are getting into murky water, because high quality pictures can be used and misused, for example by having them printed on postcards or magazines without an attribution. What I am describing is basically what the Creative Commons license Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 is (it sounds more complicated than it is - see the link).

But like I said, if you want to be correct about it, you have to ask the author/cameraman for every picture you use on your website (even if you use it as background art or whatever). The internet has made it easy to use other people's images, but the fact that it is easy does not make it legal.

Anyway, in case of the autor would like to erase the pictures from the web site or to see their name on the pictures, they are free to contact me. That will be done immediately.

The due dilligence in this matter is yours. You have to contact the author to ask for permission, not the other way around. The author might never find your picture on your website and this would be unfair.

My goal is to promote our sport and passion. It is not to hurt people.

I understand that no harm was meant, but I'm just trying to warn you that there will be people that will be angry at you posting their high resolution pictures on your website without their name next to it. Even worse, when someone finds their pictures in a commercial magazine without themselves being paid for it.

Kind regards,

Costyn.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Distance Competition - Heavy Class:
1st Alex E. Rubinshtein, Russia 4301m (V1)
2nd Tristan Whitmarsh, Holland 4189m (V2)
3rd Tero Paukku, Finland 4117m (S6)

Distance Competition - Light Class:
1st Loic Jean-Albert , France 4574m (S-Fly Expert)
2nd James Boole, UK 3927m (Phantom)
3rd Sandro Boehme, Germany 3917m (V1)

Time Competition - Heavy Class:
1st Herwig Habenbacher, Austria 111,9sec (Phantom)
2nd Tristan Whitmarsh, Holland 108,1sec (V2)
3rd Stefan Zunino, France 104,7sec (S-Fly Expert)

Time Competition - Light Class:
1st Loic Jean-Albert, France 125,2sec (S-Fly Expert)
2nd James Boole, UK 112,1sec (Phantom)
3rd Sandro Boehme, Germany 108,4sec (V1)

Overall Competition Winner:
1st Place Chris Martin Award Winner and a Precision Canopy:
Loic Jean-Albert, France (S-Fly Expert)
2nd Place winner and 50% off Vector container:
Tristan Whitmarsh, Holland (V2)
3rd Place winner:
James Boole, UK (Phantom)
4th Place winner and 50% of Phantom / Acro wingsuit:
Sandro Boehme, Germany (V1)

Roller Pigeon Freestyle Video Competition:
1st Soul Flyers 3 (not really!) - Loic and friends
2nd Russian Extreme Project - Valery Rosov and friends
3rd Kid Icarus - Tristan Whitmarsh and James Boole

Hopes this helpes.
If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes???
My logbook

Good info Hans. Once again thanks for the tremendous amount of help. Couldn't have done it without you. Please come to the US next year for the 100-way CRW formation attempt. Pulled the Lightning out of the closet for this one. I'm getting boned up for that. Bring the suit and we'll do some flying also. You have a place to stay while in Florida.
BJ

Time and Distance data were recorded using Garmin Foretrex GPS and Alti 2 Neptune.

Paralog was then used to measure the score between the altitudes 3700m and 1400m.

And yes the classes were divided by weight.Can you guess in what class i was flying:)
If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes???
My logbook

Time and Distance data were recorded using Garmin Foretrex GPS and Alti 2 Neptune.

Paralog was then used to measure the score between the altitudes 3700m and 1400m.

And yes the classes were divided by weight.Can you guess in what class i was flying:)

Time also between 3700m-1400m?
If you can remember....how strong was the wind?

Thx