First wingsuit jump off the Perrine Bridge?

saw what I believe is the first wingsuit jump off the Perrine Bridge in Twin Falls today... :S

for those who don't know, exit altitude is 486 ft

in the interest of safety, it was a slider down PCA.. :ph34r:

looks like he got about 8-10 feet of forward motion, but that might just have been from the exit push.. :P

what was impressive is that he got all unzipped and turned around and landed in the main landing area.. B|

nice going dude!

cya
sam

Hang on DUDE I don't know about that.
I think I remember Smiley on his Classic or somebody. I remember because I was there but I have seen so Many BASE jumps there all running together in my brain tonight.
I think it was about 2000. I'm not trying to bull-shit you. Let me call DJ or somebody else that is still alive and double check who it was. I think for sure it was Smiley though.

I'm stating to recall more about it know. I am really sure it was Smiley and he did get wet also after deployment.
Steve Janz (AKA - Smiley).......:D
I saw him summer before this last and he was STILL jumping that same old BM-Classic up in Kamloops Canada. It was looking patched-up, pretty shabby and there were old burn holes in the legs from smoke cans. He can fly that thing good by now.

Here are the pics, Forward motion was def. achieved.
I told him the PCA was a pansy move and that i would freefall it but i also told him i would take it to the river, and he didnt want me getting his nice new V1 all wet. HA! kidding, it was funny and cool all at the same time

a word on the load... it was a zoo.
I jumped a freinds rig (tardover) a rock draggon 303, That thing was big! (i weigh 140 soaking wet) it was crazy. I like how you can see the help from the bottom vents, there is no vent on the center cell! cool! my 2 best freinds since the 1st grade also made their first BASE jumps on this load. what a great day!

-SPACE-

The center cell has no vent, the oustide cells (2,3,5,6) have vents so they presurize first, the center has no Vent so it is staysflat from the low pressure inside it until air comes in from the nose and crossvents.
what you see is valve technology at work

-SPACE-

I see tail inversion in the third picture... looks scary! A steering line could have ended up in front of the nose, making a lineover. Did you use primary stow?
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

the wingsuit jump is not me... but oscar packs pretty solid... actualy i might have packed that one for him... i do not use primary stow on slider off jumps unless i know my delay will be more than 2sec. otherwise i use it.
plus, its the bridge, what could possibly go wrong?

PS-every high speed photo i have ever seen of this stage slider down opening looks scary, agreed?

edited cause im illiterate. even after my edits

every high speed photo i have ever seen of this stage slider down opening looks scary, agreed?

Agreed. It looks even scarier than the jump itself ;)

Bringing my Prodigy, let's flock :)
Yuri
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

The center cell has no vent, the oustide cells (2,3,5,6) have vents so they presurize first, the center has no Vent so it is staysflat from the low pressure inside it until air comes in from the nose and crossvents.
what you see is valve technology at work

I've started a discussion about this in the BASE forum. The pressurization wave pattern in the photo is very characteristic of most valved canopies (interestingly, not the same as vented but unvalved canopies, in my experience).
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com