bergh

First Birdman flight done !!!

Hi All

The past weekend I did my first wing suit jumps with Taz as my BMI. This has been a long wait for me as I wanted to birdman since about jump 110. SA rules require a jumper to have at least 300 jump prior to doing a birdman jump.

I had been managing my expectation as much as possible to avoid any let down. It was so not necessary, from the moment I opened my wings for the first time after exit I knew I was going to be hooked.

I borrow Tonto's BM Classic demo suit for the jumps. The first jump which include the two dummy touches went very well and I averaged a fall rate of 109.

For the second jump Taz gave me a few pointer on body position. The second jump went even better, I played with my body position and managed to average a fall rate of 83.

On third jump we were joined by Tonto who did some camera work, once again all went well and I managed an average fall rate of 79-80ish.

The forth jump is were things got interesting Taz ask me if I'd like to join a five way folk. I grabbed the opportunity with both hands. I was told that I would lead and not to worry about the rest, just fly the pattern. What an assume jump, I think I am addicted.

I just like to say thanks to Taz and Tonto for the help and the training!

Cheers

Riaan,
You were so much fun to fly with! This man did his homework. Try giving a first flight course to someone who knows the manual by heart ;)

The five-way flock you led was one of our best and tightest in recent weeks. Congrats! Come back soon... (nylon crack load organizer rubs her hands in glee...)

-T
It's the Year of the Dragon.

Hi Taz

Thanks for the kind words but don't underestimate you hand in things. It's easy learn from someone who has a great passion for wing suiting!

Your tips and encouragement also made a huge difference to my first experience with wing suits.

Thanks again, I knew between you and Tonto I'd be in great hands.

I also need to thanks the rest of people on the five way for there willingness to jump with a newbie birdman.

He is already in my clutches for the wingsuit weekend. And I absolutely think it's awesome, Riaan, that you read up on everything beforehand. There's still just no substitute for the experience, though, as you now know. Look forward to more.

-T
It's the Year of the Dragon.

yeah newbie! watched the footage last night of your 5 way on my cam! pretty cool ~ well done
taz is cutting some proper loads for the 29 Oct
be there or be |=| its gonna rock bro (and thats not even mentioning the FFC at the end of the yr!)

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~