LouDiamond

S3S in the wind tunnel

Ahhhhhhhhhhh the tunnel ..... thanks for the fun this week........ alll that training chasing students has turned you into a dinamo tunnel-bird. Next time we'll play harder, longer, and stronger........ just w/o the 108 degree temps.

p.s. Don't forget to send the toychest to Moab for the Boooooojieeee........
Jay Epstein Ramirez
www.adrenalineexploits.com

Actually, lift is defined as a force that opposes gravity. Enough THRUST would have put Scott through the wall.

You are absolutely wrong.

Gliders do not have thrust, there are only lift, drag and gravity. The drag is directed opposite to the flight direction, and the lift is directed perpendicular to the flight direction. Lift vector does not oppose gravity vector. Lift and gravity vectors added together oppose drag vector.

In a tunnel there is no lift, only gravity and drag.

A wing suit in a tunnel is the dumbest thing i have ever seen done to either a tunnel or to a wingsuit.

bsbd!

Yuri.

You're not mistaken, but in this case I may be. It's been a while (and a lot of drinking) since college and to jog my memory I looked up some quick web definitions of lift. Most definitions specified that it was a vertical force opposing gravity, however those definitions were also in regards to powered, LEVEL flight. I think Yuri may be right in this case.

Believe it or not, my BS in Aerospace Engineering was basically a Mechanical Engineering course of study with one or two Aeronautical classes tacked onto the end. And if you know me, you know I might have slept through those classes. :S
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I don't want to get in the middle of this, Yuri, but Matt does have a degree in Aeronautical Engineering unless I am mistaken. I doubt he is "absolutely wrong", but it is possible that you misinterpreted what he wrote.

Either way, I agree with what Jarno wrote in the "fastest" thread.

Where is Kallend when you need him? Clear up this fight between students will ya please prof?

Kris.

A wing suit in a tunnel is the dumbest thing i have ever seen done to either a tunnel or to a wingsuit..

it actually proved that the S3S is the slowest wingsuit on the market :P:P with a 0 glide ratio and 0 forward speed :D:D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Where is Kallend when you need him? Clear up this fight between students will ya please prof?

No need, I already said I was mistaken.

That is not what I wanted him to say. I just like the prof's way of explaining things. :)
Kris.

Let's see... I believe he may say something like this:
"Lift is just a third-law reaction, saying anything else is being nitpicky. Stop being stupid. I am smarter than all of you."
And he would be %100 correct!