SCARYPERRY

Phantom

Wow, put another 2 jumps on the Phantom this weekend. I am so addicted to the nylon crack! I even did my first "mini-flock" with a Phi and Gti. :D I have only ever had people follow me out after a delay so this was my first time being next to other birds in freefall and O M G!!! Giddy just thinking about it!! How very f-ing cool!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I have been having trouble getting the legs zipped up in the plane, so this time i zipped up on the ground and climbed into the caravan with no problem due to that beautiful wide leg wing. The only other thing i don't like is the neck seems a bit too tight, it was a minor annoyance the first couple jumps but got much more frustrating this past weekend. I suppose I could get it fixed, right? But I hate to go without the suit :(

And HOLY CRAP do my arms hurt!! What kind of exercises do I do to help that out (besides jump more)? Push-ups? I thought I was a strong chick but wow they are still hurting. :$

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU so much Robi & crew for such a beautiful suit!!! :)

"I know it's friday night, but come on. Surely there's something better to do than yell at people on the internet?" - Tom A.

Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself :)

And HOLY CRAP do my arms hurt!!

Push ups are a great start. Our modern lifestyles mean we have weak upper bodies.

There are a couple of work out programs online (link anyone?). Best would be to go to your local gym and explain what you are up to. They will create a program tailored to your needs that will help you to safely develop your upper body strength.

PM'ed about the collar

Keep having fun,
J
BASEstore.it

There are a couple of work out programs online (link anyone?).

LOTS to the rescue. :D

http://www.flybirdman.com/learn/rr/workout.html

I don't really do the static holds, but sometimes I do reps with the "fly" type exercises described in there (to side and front) with light 10lb dumbells, doing sets of like 20-30 and then on the last rep I do a static hold for as long as I can.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Sunbathing topless usually helps.

LMAO! :o:D:P

But you're going to have to submit photo's so everyone can evaluate your form and track progress. :)

What's the material like? Balloon ZP is a new term for me and for some reason brings to mind a matter suit.

“- - Sumo is the greatest of sports. It has power, grace, speed and cluture. And most importantly, two fat bastards smacking the shit out of each other. ”

Hey guys,

My wife got her Phantom last night! See the pics.

I was more excited than she was!

First let me thank Robi, Robert and Kathy, and Jay. Great CS!

The suit is fantastic. I fly a S3 and I could clearly see the improvements in constructions Robi made over the years.

The padding on the leading edge of the arm wings is absolutely sweet. I wish my S3 had it. I really like the new handles of the cutaway system. The swoop cords are adjustable and beefy. The booties are made out of premium leather.

But they are the details of the suit that just blow me away. The reinforcements, the bartacking, and so forth. For instance, the sliver PF logo on the back of the leg wing is not stamped, it is sewn on from three separate pieces of silver fabric, just too much!

As for the design, the leg stance is much wider than my S3 but the wing does not come all the way to the booties. I bet this gives the suit great stability.

The arm wings are just marginally smaller than the S3 and the grip pockets are a superior design.

If it flies as good as it looks I won't be able to catch up!

There is only one problem, it won't fit me!

I'd better start saving...
Memento Audere Semper

If it flies as good as it looks I won't be able to catch up!

There is only one problem, it won't fit me!

I'd better start saving...

Damn, that is one sweet looking suit. PF certainly did a nice job on it. The Phantom is a really nice suit to fly. Very comfortable to wear too.

Enjoy!
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Got to fly my phantom for 3 jumps this weekend. Anymore and my hands would have been amputated(-20 degrees C up there).

The Phantom is fast and amazingly stable. I did not think of that until I read Nick's post again but stable is definately a word I would use to describe all the flights. Did I mention fast?.

Because I was not wearing a GPS yet, I cannot say exactly how much distance I covered or what the the forward speeds were. A good estimate would be that I covered more distance (per descended altitude...I have done several jumps from 23K) than I ever covered in any suit (yes more than I have flown in the V-1 ...mostly due to not flying the V-1 solo that much)

Going purely for distance the speeds at 9K and 6K were 42 and 46 mph respectively. The average was 53 but I collapsed my wings at 5.5 K for a thousand feet before opening.

I have never experienced the sensations I felt today on the 3rd jump on my Phantom. It has been about 3.5 hours since the jump and I am still beaming and buzzing a little(no I did not have an beers after the jumping).

Kris.

One question to Phantom users (or any other mid or top range suit from Phoenix-fly or Birdman) : How long does it take to attach your rig to the suit ?

I have my phantom down to about 8 minutes... Or so I would guess by the 10 minute call I made yesterday.:P

I am going to take a marker and label the tabs I skip, now that I have it dialed in... I think that will take a minute off, as I always count wrong it seems...:P

I have never experienced the sensations I felt today on the 3rd jump on my Phantom. It has been about 3.5 hours since the jump and I am still beaming and buzzing a little(no I did not have an beers after the jumping).

Kris.

I had a good weekend too, on my Phantom... I think I have 10 jumps on it, and only a handful more wingsuit flights, so I am a total novice...

Got down to new record lows for me, just trying to punch it out, sub 50MPH...

One jump was going to be a flock with a Prodigy... Well, once I figured that getting close was going to be difficult, I opted for the "use him as a reference point" and punched it... It was cool to make a huge radius turn and carve around him as he cut the corners sharp....

Now, if I can just dial it in like Jumpnaked69, who did the same thing with me when I was the inefficient fast faller, and I watched him fly after I deployed, and he seemed to have the same decent rate as my canopy...:)