SCARYPERRY

Phantom

oh my god!!!!,first jump on the phantom and could not believe the lift or the drive.The wide leg stance and inflation /pressure of upper body created so much lift!!! There is very little effort required to fly this, oh oh, all packed up,going flyen again
Only he can be happy,who can make his the present hour,for today he has lived

wow too!!! :)
I jumped the phantom today!! It was amazing!! You stay up there forever flying it. The wings are smaller so you don't have to be concerned with too much wing,
I was about to do a solo and then Scary Perry came along. Hehe!!....He was flying the Vampire, and he couldn't keep up with me. Think about it..now if Perry can't keep up with me in the Phantom you just know that the Phantom is one amazing suit. because Perry is a GREAT flyer. ;)
I suggest you try and see how it flies. I know Annie and Olivia sure are. :)We had a great time at the Flock and Dock! Thank u everyone!
Blue skies!

oh my god!!!!,first jump on the phantom and could not believe the lift or the drive.The wide leg stance and inflation /pressure of upper body created so much lift!!! There is very little effort required to fly this, oh oh, all packed up,going flyen again

I have to second that (or 3rd/4th?). Put 3 jumps on mine today, and the first thing I noticed was the drive, very nice. The construction is top notch also. I feel I will need more time than you did on it to realize its potential due to my limited experience in general, but it's still very fun. A VERY big thank you goes to Robi, James, Robert & Kathy, and the entire PF team for this suit.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Hehe!! I got my Phantom on Thursday, had to wait till Sunday before I could jump it (work sucks) The suit is beautiful, the colors turned out to be awesome, and the construction is top-notch. :):)
The only bad thing(and I mean the ONLY bad thing) about the suit is that the leading edge doesn't have mesh sewn on the inside of it. The rest of the suit does, which is absolutely wonderful here in FL in the summer. However, by comparison, that top part of the suit sticks to you if you keep the arms zipped up. But what do you need to do that for, right? When you're getting zppped up in the plane you're no longer sweating and again under canopy your arms are unzipped so its really not a problem. I really like the comfort and padding that is sewn into the leading edge. Every design feature and every part of this suit is great. It seems closer to the BM suits than the Prodigy and the Vampire, but I think that is unavoidable due to it being a mid-range suit.... And it is definitely different enough to give it a try! The leg wing is much wider, but that also makes it easier to walk if you're zipped up too.

My friend Mark was watching me and he couldn't stop talking about how much drive I had! I was just ripping through the sky. I have a lot of work to do on my vertical speed, but I didnt do to bad for my 5th and 6th ws jumps all in all. I just need some more time and practice, and of course to read some more of Scott's book ;)

I've got a pic of the suit only (no rig) in my gallery, and I I'll post a pic of me n my new baby suited up soon. :)

"I know it's friday night, but come on. Surely there's something better to do than yell at people on the internet?" - Tom A.

Just for my edification, the Vampire is still their flagship most gliding, highest performing design, right? Or has the Phantom surpassed the V-1 and now it is the pheonix top performer ( strictly in terms of glide and distance )?.

I'm pretty sure the Phantom is the intermediate suit. From the Phoenix Fly Products Page:

The Phantom is an intermediate wingsuit, designed with “flockers” and progressing pilots in mind.

-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Let me say that I have never flown anything like this!!!! It is effortless and the performance is only limited to the pilot..All suits have a porpuse,This suit fill gaps in all previous suits I have ever flown.Lets all put some jumps on them,share them with those who would like to fly them...and let the new person resond.
I will have my Phantom in Deland on Sat for any that can fit, or fly...or make the try....to fly with it!!!!
Only he can be happy,who can make his the present hour,for today he has lived

He claimed 2.2 me. It is really interesting suit.

I believe my numbers for that place (GPS data) are more precise... or e's too humble! We will double-check next year. Anyway 2.2-2.4 is within error and pilot mood margins - incredible either way you look at it, especially for such a long and tiring flight!

bsbd!

Yuri.

My friend Mark was watching me and he couldn't stop talking about how much drive I had! I was just ripping through the sky.

Yeah, this thing was tearing up the sky. I may have to order engines for my PHI if I want to keep up with you.

Anyone else think that this suit has a very wide leg wing? I wonder if that's where it's getting all its drive.

ya, I too have been jumping the Phantom today at the 3rd Teuge Wingsuit weekend. James couldn't make it, but he very kindly sent me his Phantom for this weekend, and I've put 6 jumps on it today. All of them were flocking dives with 6 or 7 others. It has great range and is easy to fly. It is very comfortable and the drive and lift are perfect for flocking. I could keep up nicely with a bunch of S3 and S3S (I usually fly a Classic II). And when you put on the gas, it just keeps going... At breakoff extend the legs... and it goes... its a fast mother too. :)
The suit is very comfortable; the leg stance is very wide indeed (like the V-1), but not uncomfortably so. Makes walking and getting into the plane pretty easy. I also flew an S3S today. A very nice piece of equipment which I enjoyed greatly, but I felt more at ease in the Phantom.

Highly recommended!

Cheers,

Costyn.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

As an outside opinion, the suit does seem to be quite difficult to fly in flocks when there isn't a ton of forward speed. I've seen several people fly it in different dives over the past few days.

The small armwings really seem to need the speed to keep flyers up with the flock (either that or it should be flown mostly by lighter people)

Though it's flying really well and fast at breakoff and in the one or two maxed out group jumps we did, in all honesty I don't think it's the ultimate flocking suit for most people with a normal weight.
Almost everyone that flew it here had problems overshooting the flock or dropping under when they tried to break the forward speed a bit (loosing lift en going low)

People repeated this patern several times, fast into the formation, fast past the formation, slowing down and dropping bellow the formation. Then moving to the side to gain altitude again by speeding up even more (because on armwings alone it didnt seem to work)

The bigger suits seem to allow much more 'hanging' in the arm wing, when dives are a bit slower and people aren't flying to the max...
Where the phantom didnt seem like it could be flown in a formation without the legwing fully extended and open..

Just my 0,2
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Hey Jarno!
Interesting comments.
Did you have any guys with GTI in the flock?
I've never tried the Phantom yet but it would be interesting to compare the arm wings with a GTI.
From pictures it definitely seem that the Phantom has more arm wings than a regular GTI and a bit more than a GTI+Extension (Thanks Ed ;)).

A slow forward speed in a flock will bring the pilot to the limits of the suit and will require even better control over it to keep up with the vertical speed.

With bigger wings you have more range, which is more forgiving.

On the other end.. what is the point in a slow flock.. doing RW with pinguin suits? B|
JFK #1013
PM Me
No Adrenalin.... No Fun!
"Minds are like parachutes the

Where the phantom didnt seem like it could be flown in a formation without the legwing fully extended and open..

Did you try the suit Jarno?

It is a radically new design, different to any other suit on the market. It takes a few jumps to dial in the position. After a few flights I was flying nice solid docks with Costyn :)
long flights
J
BASEstore.it

The difference between our height calculations is pretty significant, I went from the lower exit point (where you first see the lake), not the French exit higher up. Maybe that explains it?

Not likely, since my measurements are lower, not higher. Is it the one with 4 metal anchors by the edge? Same where Robi went from 2 years ago? We'll just have to check it again next year ;)

I still believe you fly better than you think B|

bsbd!

Yuri.