pierre3636

~ the infamous PHI again ~

I know we have discussed the Phi at length BUT a few more weeks down the line the only extra little bit of info i can find on the whole WWW is that photo collage by Scott Campos at WFFC of the Phi suit in action.... Having bought one a few weeks ago and waiting on delivery is there anyone out there who could help ease the anticipation by telling us what it was like if you have demo'ed it....pretty please with sugar icing and cherries :)

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

I just recieved one of those "you have a parcel" notes in the mail today. Says I can pick it up tomorrow. Now, do I get my hopes up and think its my PHI?? No email from BM saying it was sent, but they did say it would go out mid August...

Maybe maybe maybe maybe maybe maybe maybe maybe maybe maybe:D

Or maybe its that camera helmetB|

as much as it S!U!C!K!S! not knowing when it will be here it is pretty cool feeling like a kid at X-mas again ... [at the risk of sounding like a spoilt brat!]

ps - PJ glad to see you recovered after the party on sat :ph34r:

ps i got this picture out of them

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

I have very little experience. Take what I say with a grain of salt because i don't know much about WS YET....
I really liked the PHI. Compared to the other suits i flew the wing surface area was much larger. it was constructed very well (as were the other birdman suits i have seen)
The suit has the vents on the back as well so you can back fly ( i did not even attempt that). I also liked the pieces that go in your hand, i felt it was easier to control than the GTI I tried.
So in conclusion i think the suit is great and will probably end up getting either that or the firebird as my first suit... first i need to get my rig and its still 10 weeks out!!! >:(

blue skies....and some nice puffy clouds..
dan
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

If you ordered a PHI, you should have received an e-mail from Birdman. All PHIs that have been ordered are shipping to their owners. I am confident you will be very pleased when you get your suit:)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I almost forgot to ask..

Back when the first pics emerged people were asking about the single zipper. Now that folks have flown it....how is the suit 'to get into'?

Easyer or harder then the former standard 2 zipper front?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Hello.

Now, there seem to be some real PHI-suits around. But they seem to be just prototypes.

Who has finally received his Phi?? It would be nice to read from more people (who actually ordered) about their experience flying the suit.

Thanks, Eduard.

--
Eduard

the one zipper worked really well for me. The angle of the zipper is what makes all the difference. It was much easier for me to get in and out of than the GTI...with less zippers, there are less things to break.. right?

blue skies,

dan
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

Very clean lines. I like that suit.

I put about half a dozen flights on it at WFFC. Here is a little something I wrote in an email to Jari about my impressions of the suit:

As far as flying goes, I am very impressed with the suit. The leg wing (and likewise, leg pressure) feel very small compared to my S3, so much that it was odd for me since I'm used to so much pressure... but for a newer jumper it is probably a good thing to have less effort required to control the legs. The suit wasn't as good at fast starts and stops (acceleration) as my S3, but as Scott wrote you, and you put on the website, I felt I was able to keep up with a very good pilot (Mike Swearingen) in his V1 at breakoff from a flock, so while the suit may not have the "burst power" that the S3 has, it certainly flies very good at its own top end. And those characteristics are exactly what intermediate pilots need. Burst power, in the wrong hands, can equate to twitch (instability), so not everyone wants burst power. In this suit you've given them something not too difficult to fly, but something that can be flown hard when they develop the skills.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Well, since I'm your Nylon crack dealer... and this is your first new suit... I thought you should read this e-mail I got from Jussi...

"Aloha,

I have finally great news for you. PHI´s are ready! As maybe you have heard,
first PHI´s has been shipped already and last of suits will be shipped like
this; sizes L and XL 2.9.2005 and sizes S, M and MT will be shipped 9.9.2005.

I like to thank you personally that you have understood this situation and
reasons for delay. Now you waiting is finally over.

I hope to you good flights with your NEW PHI´s and all feedback is wellcome.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

I will let you know personally your suits traking number.

You are what you fly!

With Best Regards,
Jussi "

Happy Happy!

t
It's the year of the Pig.