nathaniel

tug

A topic of conversation came up on the dropzone today. Would it be possible to drag a wingsuit behind a plane on a tether, much like a glider or a water-skiier behind a boat?

What do you suppose the risks would be? I don't suppose you'd want to take off with the wingsuit flyer on the ground...perhaps the tether could be extended once the plane reaches 1500ft or so and retracted so that other jumpers wouldn't get smacked by it.

Has it been done before, and are there pictures? I suppose it would be quite the ride if you could do it with the Pitts at Rantoul & paid the pilot for acrobatics B|

Seems like it would be a better way to spend the ride to altitude rather than sitting inside the plane :)
My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

Has it been done before

Yeah but I hear it's really a bitch to hold the tow rope in your mouth all the way to altitude, a real lip burner;):D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Joe Jennings was dragged behind a plane in a similar manner. He wasn't wearing a wingsuit -- camera wings if anything -- but it went well enough. He just sort of flew along for the ride.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.