LouDiamond

WFFC

saw most, if not all of omar's video and a few snippits from those hey copied from. When he has a chance to post them on skydivingmovies check them out.
He was able get a copy the exit of the highspeed pass and as funny as it is, it's good that it didn't end up any worse.

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

I want to thank all of the birdmen and especially scott for giving me a great first flight course. I really had an awesome time flying all the diferent suits and I plan on ordering one in the next couple of months...
I finally reached one of my goals at the WFFC,... becoming a birdman. I hope I can make it up to Zhills in the near future and work on my flocking skillz.
I know the convention was slow but it was awesome in my opinion.

Thanks again guys and any of you are welcome at my place in Puerto Rico. The boogie is in Feb. and it kicks ass... come on down!!!

BLue Skies!

Dan :D
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

Are you meaning to inply that a damn bunch of folk from all over and under, just came together and had fun! What would the Arvin Boys and the couch freaks think of that!

Good on all you'all!

More pics and stories, please, for us dreaming of being there.

HIGH SPEED EXIT:

I for one would welcome some ground school brief with video. I've done a couple and love the hell out them, but could use some more education.

Hybrid wingsuit dives:

Please explain and expound on the possibilities.

Thanks

Oh yeh, I forgot to add this in my last post, an official welcome to all the new birds I had the privilege of sharing a first jump with: Jill, Mark, Brian, Marty, Tom, Gary, Steve, Scott, and any others I forgot. You guys (and girl) all did great and I hope to see you in the flock again soon! Caw caw!
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Blown main: 1000 bucks

Lost camera: 600 bucks

Damaged S3: don't know yet

Few stitches on my ankle: free at the convention

Getting extracted at 200 ktns...priceless!

My neck is still sored after over a week. It could have been broken very easily so it's all good.

I just removed the stitches on my ankle. The cut went all the way to the bone...
For future reference don't do WS jumps off high speed exits!

The opening was so fast that the bridle attachment point at the canopy blew away. Also the three left end cells are gone. The canopy is worthless.

As for the accident we were facing the front of the CASA. The guy in front of me started backing up faster than the guy behind me hence I ended up on my back on exit. I hit the tailgate with my ankle and a split of a sec later my main was deployed. I was using the BASE pouch set up. It took me about 1000' to regain some sense. My canopy (Viper 105) was spinning to the left due to the damage. I flew it back towards the DZ and I cut it away at 6000' not to risk getting hit by falling bodies. I went back in FF to 2000' and deployed my reserve that flew me back to the main landing area. I lost my camera. I got back everything else. I had some cool BASE footage on it so I'm more pissed about that than the camera itself. Oh well, I'm alive so it's all good.
Memento Audere Semper

hey nick -
glad you are just sore. like you and I have said, it could have been worse. That door cramming was pretty bad especially since it would have been messy on a regular pass. I didn't know you also damaged your s3 :S

- z

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Nick, glad to hear you're doing alright. I just want to thank everyone who came out and hung at the BirdMan tent and participated in the flock dives. I don't have the official count on how many flights we put up yet but as those who were there know, we put a LOT of birdz in the air everyday. I had lots of fun flying with everyone and enjoyed watching everyone get better from jump to jump. We didn't get around to doing some of the other flights that Omar and I talked about but there is always the next time we get together. ;) I look forward to meeting up and flying with all of you again. Keep on flying, the flock continues to grow and get better.:)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Uh, no - don't use the Base PC pouch and make sure your shit is stowed good when doing a high speed pass with a ws

One guy on the same load blew his wings off. So it's not just the PC. WS are not buit to fly at 200 Knts. Don't get me wrong I was a dumb ass for just thinking about doing it especially with 8 other WS pilots.

The camera was a Canon Optura...going foe a low end Sony next.
Memento Audere Semper

One guy on the same load blew his wings off. So it's not just the PC. WS are not buit to fly at 200 Knts.

We also saw this a few times at the Hercules Boogie in 2004...

But looking back, most torn wings where probably the result of people jumping out presenting their body to the wind 'standing up', instead of jumping into the wind flying.

So the 200 knt 'blast' of wind hits the wing on the bottom and slams onto your body, and the jumper gets a big blast of wind, and gets pushed way, way back....instead of the wind hitting it in on the leading edge, generating lift, and getting you flying/climbing and pushing you up...

When you exit 'standing up' the wind is just a 200 knt wall that slams into your wings...

There is some great footage from the hercules boogie, where you see vesa climbing above the hercules, filmed from a jet-fighter flying alongside the plane.

And you can clearly see that the people getting lift from the exit are at a 45 degree to maybe even flatter angle.
Where the people exiting upright just get pushed back..

I've made a small sketch to illustrate..

The whole Herc DVD will be put online in a few weeks, and it has a long segment with great and totaly fubar-exits from the plane. Great stuff for both 'studying' and laughing and being amazed..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Uh, no - don't use the Base PC pouch and make sure your shit is stowed good when doing a high speed pass with a ws

One guy on the same load blew his wings off. So it's not just the PC. WS are not buit to fly at 200 Knts. Don't get me wrong I was a dumb ass for just thinking about doing it especially with 8 other WS pilots.

The camera was a Canon Optura...going foe a low end Sony next.

I've seen it done successfully numerous times, so I think this may be more of an issue of determining the correct way of presenting and pulling it off (and definining "high speed" 200 KTS may be a bit excessive, I'm not sure how fast the ones i've seen were going). I think there are a number of factors, but one thing to note from this is definately don't go out with a base PC pouch on this type of jump.

Hey Flockers!

Just dropping by to say thanks to everyone.

1-Scott and Matt for giving wings to so many. Congrats to all new flockers.
2-Special thanks go to Mike "My Eyes!", Rosalyn Trach , and Paul for those incredibly challenging but fun hybrids.
3-Nate and Zack for the ride, the couch, and the cool nite out at Chicago.
4-Special congrats go to my two good friends from Puerto Rico Danny "Tommy Boy" and Jose "Turtle". Welcome to the flock. (Sorry for not flockin' with you as much as I liked to, but there's always Z-Hills).
5-Perry, lets do some more "FreeFlockin'"
6-Chris Ware, you are the man.
7-Mike, congrats on your 1,000th!
8-Nick, thanks for your help at the balloon-smoke-wingsuit dive. Couldn't get the chance to get your point of view footage, :-(
9-Z-Flock, we'll catch up at the Hillz and get our flock on.
10-EVERY bird at WFFC, thanks. I had a lot of fun.

One thing I ask of all of you flockers new and old, but especially the new:
Take all of your learning experiences from WFFC to your home dropzones and pass them on. I think that is the best way to make flocks grow.

I hope to see all or at least most of you at Z-Flock and Dock 1.5 at Z-Hills and at the Puerto Rico FreeFall Fest on Febuary, especially my friends and new flockers Danny, Jose, Tony.

I will post the "WFFC Flockers" video as soon as I possibly can. It should come out nice. It'll will include some nice flocks, hybrids, free flockin', a balloon WS with smoke (BTW thanks Scott), that crazy hi-speed exit, and more.

Here is a few hybrid shots from my video camera.

WINGSUIT ACROBATICS team O zone
ZF#5 , HISPA#70
Blue Skies...
...Big Fat Clouds

those are some great pics of the rodeo lift off attempt. I am sure you guys will get it with just a couple more tries... The shot of her standing on the guys back in flight is wicked!!!
Edit up that video omar so we can show it around the DZ...
Saludos a todos...

Danny
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

Hey Jill. Great job flying those suits. You now have more experience and skills flying in flocks than most people with twice the number of flights you do. Way to knock them out :)]
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I agree with Scott, Jill... I wish I had some pictures to show everyone how tight you were flying your slot on Mike in the slot-specific dives. I have seriously seen people with over 100 WS jumps that cannot fly that tight. Congrats, and welcome to the flock and DZ.com. :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com