LouDiamond

WFFC

Maybe you should get out and fly with some other pilots that really know how to fly the suit.B|

I've flown with more then a few Jason. ;)

Just because your top dog at the DZ where you trained and coached everyone doesn't count;)

I don't concider myself top dog though I have my wingsuit school at the DZ.
I'm just there most of the time to teach and/or organize the flocks.

And yes it is about the pilot but I would have to believe that the same pilot could get better results in the V1 over the S3 or S3S (results at break off or when trying to max out -- thats what we are talking about right) And that would be a pilot that was used to flying both of them

I've flown both suits, they are both AWESOME suits, but there is no "hard data" making the "performance" show that one is better then the other, and my opinion of both suits is mine and I will keep them to myself.
Many suits are made for different body sizes, which produces more wing area, and if the person is light enough and knows how to fly it correctly, they can cover alota ground or remain floaty.
It all about weight, material and glide angles.

As a matter of fact Tim-o-t can smoke me in his SugarGlider, of course he's 6'1" and 143lbs, so that must make the SugarGlider as the suit leading the way in performance?

Also, IMO performance in a suit shouldn't be judge just on how much distance, MAXED OUT you can cover, but instead the all around performance of the suit, like flying slow forward but being able not "fall out of the sky like a rock" without the forward speed.
And the manuverability of the suit also, without the pilot being flown by the suit as I have seen many times. :D

Now that this thread has been thrown way off topic, I'll just say this.....

I wish every wingsuit pilot would just stop all the, "my suit is better then yours" bullshit and just fly together. Unless you are gathering "hard data" and doing MANY solo's to gain this the correct way, stating, "my suit is leading the wingsuits in performance", you are doing nothing but causing anomosity between the flyers that choose other brands to buy and fly.

Fly what you choose to fly and just have fun. :)

And Jason, even though your a "self adimitted you know what", I'd still like to fly with you sometime. B|

Be safe.
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

IMO performance in a suit shouldn't be judge just on how much distance, MAXED OUT you can cover, but instead the all around performance of the suit...

Doesn't that depend on what you want the suit for? For me, personally, maxed out performance is pretty close to the only thing I care about.

I wish every wingsuit pilot would just stop all the, "my suit is better then yours" bullshit...

Amen. It's pretty silly when the pilot is really the determining factor. I'd bet you a hundred bucks that if you put me in the top of the line suit of your choice, and Yuri in his original Birdman suit (the pre-Classic), he'd still fly better than me.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

And Jason, even though your a "self adimitted you know what", I'd still like to fly with you sometime.

Ed I was just saying to you all the things you have said to me in the past --- just fuckin with you;) see I even used your favorite smily icon

and the "you know what" is JACKASS say with pride when you mention me --- its not a personal attack--- its funny;) there it is again

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Well I guess today could be called the first weather day of WFFC. Winds were a little manky all day so we couldn't jump as hard as usually but that didn't stop us from sending a 16 way sunset flock. Aubrey did some back flying on the PHI today and even though the suit is too log for him, he was able to get some incredible horizontal distance as well as hang time. Perry got some good pics from the sunset dive from his back under the formation in his S3 that might end up in one of the magazines. Several peopel earned their wings today as well. Congrats to Thomas from the Netherlands and Gary for getting their Birdman on. Everyone is getting exponentially better from dive to dive, from newbies to experienced birdz, flocks are getting tighter and peoples skills are improving. Purple mike's friend Jill has gone extremely far skill wise considering her limited time in a suit as has Bad Andy who flew his suit this evening like he stole it. During the back flying flock dives today several people who had never made it to the flock found themselves right in the middle of the flock with everyone else. The learning curve has been substantial for many in the last couple of days which is really cool to see. Even though it was a little slow today, it was definately a productive day for all.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

How does doing a 180 and flying by them as they are already under canopy sound?

Be safe.
Ed

About half as good as doing a 360 while you fly completely around them during their deployment.
But those are just heading number games, yuk,yuk. How many athletic and competent V-1 pilots have you in no uncertain terms "smoked" Ed? That is the question.

I wish every wingsuit pilot would just stop all the, "my suit is better then yours" bullshit and just fly together. Unless you are gathering "hard data" and doing MANY solo's to gain this the correct way, stating, "my suit is leading the wingsuits in performance", you are doing nothing but causing anomosity between the flyers that choose other brands to buy and fly.

Fly what you choose to fly and just have fun. :)

Be safe.
Ed

I agree with your comments Ed but you yourself are not practicing what you preach with that blanket statement comment about smoking the V-1 pilots. That isn't a message of wingsuit unity IMO. If you don't like the minz iz better than yurz monster ( and I don't ) don't feed it.

But keep in mind that its practiced from the manufacturer on down to the newest customer that wants to believe they got the bestest product. We've heard computer designed, lazer manufactured, wind tunnel tested in sales hype from cars to toasters makers. Some people like one , some like the other. Sometimes that product alliegence turns to a mob mentality.

The hype in wingsuits is no different. Although it seems one team is struggling and using a lot of hype of product developement claims while the other is just demonstrating their product in the real world.

Comments like "smoking a V-1" just adds truth in the belief that it is the reference standard by which all other high performance suits are measured against.

Don't feed the monster Ed.
Glen

Don't feed the monster Ed.

Glen

Again you choose only to read what you wish to hear......
Try reading the entire "off topic" part of the threat and why I posted that comment and also what else I wrote.

I've flown both suits, they are both AWESOME suits, but there is no "hard data" making the "performance" show that one is better then the other, and my opinion of both suits is mine and I will keep them to myself.
Many suits are made for different body sizes, which produces more wing area, and if the person is light enough and knows how to fly it correctly, they can cover alota ground or remain floaty.
It all about weight, material and glide angles.

Put your "shit stirring stick" away..... :P

Be safe!
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Ed I read your whole post not just the part I responded to. More importantly I know ( with or without your opinion being puplic) that both brands of high performance suits are awesome.

I'm claiming you are not as innocent in the minz vz yurz delema as you would like to portray yourself.

BTW me and my shit stirring stick would like to know exactly how many V-1s you've smoked?

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, Jerry......

Seems like no matter how many episodes you watch, it always come down to this in the end...

Could we just ignore this developing flame-war and get back to the WFFC and cool pictures?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Could we just ignore this developing flame-war and get back to the WFFC and cool pictures?

Well sure if everyone would remember that its about skydiving!
I too have grown weary of this suit vs that suit (admitidly I can pass over those posts).
Imagine the possibilities if people would celebrate the differences and just get out there and fly together all the while having fun!
Gee..what a novel concept:)
That's all I have to say Jerry.;)

Well sure if everyone would remember that its about skydiving!
Imagine the possibilities if people would celebrate the differences and just get out there and fly together all the while having fun!
Gee..what a novel concept:)

I think people should be grateful that there are so many options, and that it's not just a monopoly of one suit made by MicroWing or something.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Well today was pretty good. We got in a lot of flocks and a few smaller flocks were working on hybrids. Congrats to Chuck and Scott who made their first flights today. Chuck had the opportunity to swoop by a big puffy cloud on the way back to the DZ on his first flight. We used the air to air communications system again and I was able to direct him to the edge of the cloud as we made our way back. it took him almost 20 minutes to make it back to the Birdman tent after landing because he was telling everyone he knows what a great time he had. It's flights like those that my day.

We got rained on a little bit and are on a hold right now but it looks like it is clearing up. hopefully we will start jumping again as Daniel was going to take the PHI up right before the storm came. If this hold last longer than 30 mins I may edit and post some more pictures I have.

Edit to add a few pics
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Have fun, Scott! Sounds like a lot of learning and flocking is going on!

As to the suit thing. A guy built like me (6 foot 220#) is not a challenge for a guy six feet 150 in the same suit. That guy is pretty much just tracking in his suit while I'm maxed out.

The challenge with wingsuit RW is checking the ego and the ability to do 3 minute wingsuit jumps and FLOCK.

It can happen, and it's just awesome.

Look at the different levels of effort in this picture. I was pretty much maxed with my cameras facing rear.

And yeah, whoever said it, Jari could smoke me wearing just Pantz.

:)

Nice pics!

A question that I have is can the PHI and Firebird be flown well without holding the grippers?

How's the forearm pressure compared to Classic II or S3?

It's wrt being able to take grips (exit, freefall) or hold hands (freefall).

CaCAW!
Alwaysa Rodriguez

Maybe he could use it for a post card or sumpin'

Aub says it's almost post card time again:D

can the PHI and Firebird be flown well without holding the grippers?

yes, one does not have to hold the grippers to fly well.

How's the forearm pressure compared to Classic II or S3?

I think that is subjective as I have had 100lb women say it was no arm strain and full grown men say their arms get tired. However neither of the suits is more physically demanding than normal.If anything, the PHI and firebird are really easy to fly based on comments made by those here who fly either the S3/GTI or the classic.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Well yesterday pretty much was a weather day until late in the day and then we got a few loads up. Daniel got to jump the PHI and was screaming across the sky right off the ramp of the CASA. His forward speed was quite impressive and he made us all work to stay with him. WFFC pretty much started shutting down about mid day yesterday as people started to pack up and leave. Today looks like another weather day so I'm not sure if there will be any loads today at this point.

Overall, the convention was smaller but there was an abundance of wingsuiters and quite a few times when the whole load was nothing but Birdmen. I believe the largest flock we had was 16 at one time. But the best one IMO was Mike's 1000th jump flock dive.We put up a lot of new birdz this convention, the Puerto Rican crew nows has a small flock of their own to take back home now. Quite a few people made marked improvements in their flight and performance some in a matter of jumps and others in days. Without a doubt in my mind everyone who came and flew got better in one way or another. It will be interesting to see Omar's footage of the hybrid dives and the flocks that we put up I am sure.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Just wanted to say thanks to all you guys for letting me get in on your flocks. I had a great time and learned a lot. Mostly I learned how much more I have to learn yet. It's really hard to know how you're flying when it's all solos. Getting out with you guys really put things in perspective for me.

It was great meeting you Tony. I am glad you joined us. You got better on each flight for sure. Did that suit exchange ever work out for you?
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING