LouDiamond

WFFC

Put up some mad flocks yesterday. Myself, Cancer Chris, purple Mike, Zack, Bad Andy, Wayne, Stephen about 4 others put up some really nice flocks. Congrats to Stephen who joined the flock and promptly bought himself a suit when he got down. He is addicted to the nylon crack big time.:)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

What can I say, Another really fantastic day for wingsuiting. We got as large as an 11 way with Michelle leading in her smack booty Green and pink GTI. The girl has skillz and can really fly that suit. We managed to get 9 of the 11 "in" on that one. In total we managed about 8 flocks and several smaller ways. A few went on the high speed CASA pass later in the day. Learning points for everyone in case you don't already know, don't jump on a high speed pass if you use the base PC pouch. Nick had a premature deployment on his main due to the base PC pouch as did purple Mike on his V1. Nick blew out cells on his canopy and lost his top mount camera. Mike faired better and only had a premature deployment on his main, no other issues. Second point is that high speed passes over the 130-140 range are not condusive to good exits. The guys on that load estimate the speed was close to 200 and thr fact that Stephan had both his arm wings blow out on exit can attest to that. If doing high speed passes always ask how fast the drop speed will be.

We also added 2 more birdz to the flock. Congrats to Jill and Jeff who both got their wings today. Jill is another one of the hollow boned people who get crazy lift and fast forward speed desite her small stature. Jeff on the other hand is a very big corn fed guy tipping the scales at 250lbs and 6' 4 in height. Despite being a large human Jeff flew like a champ and had killer lift with his proper body positioning. He is now trying to figure out how to get a suit of his own.:)
Omar showed up just as the sun was setting with baggage in hand so we will have some excellent footage of the flocks I am positive. All in all , a very fun and busy day with lots of birdz leaping from the tailgate.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

What an insane day. Not only was it hotter than hell here it was also humid. That didn't hold us back from putting up another 7-8 flocks smaller ways. Omar and Cancer Chris got some good video footage of the insanity we were engaging in today Congrats to Marty and Daniel who earned their wings today. Both were extremely excited about the fligth afterwards. Daniel was so stoked afterwards that he called it a day just so he could soak it all in. I am sure the heat also had some play in that but for hours afterwards he was talking about the flight. Turn out may be lower this year but that just means more A/C available and fewer wait times to get on a load. Allen became the proud owner of a PHI even though he was considering the Firebird after taking it for a spin. In the end he went for the PHI and also scored himself a free pair of custom Pantz. There is a substantial amount of Birdmen at this years event and it shows. Every where you look there is a group of Birdmen walking to the A/C or off of the landing area. Tomorrow looks to be even more fun with all the talk and planning of jumps under the beer tent that went on tonight.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Learning points for everyone in case you don't already know, don't jump on a high speed pass if you use the base PC pouch. Nick had a premature deployment on his main due to the base PC pouch as did purple Mike on his V1. Nick blew out cells on his canopy and lost his top mount camera. Mike faired better and only had a premature deployment on his main, no other issues. Second point is that high speed passes over the 130-140 range are not condusive to good exits. The guys on that load estimate the speed was close to 200 and thr fact that Stephan had both his arm wings blow out on exit can attest to that. If doing high speed passes always ask how fast the drop speed will be.

Hey Lou, what exactly is a high speed pass? Is that a higher than normal speed for the a/c to start dropping people or ... ?

Anyways, the flocks sound like a lot of fun. Wish I was there. :)
Cheers.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

More flocking and first timers went up yesterday than any day so far. Congrats to Marty, Lee, Steve, Mark and a few others. Had some really nice flocks go up and several Hybrid attempts were done by Mike and purple paul. Maca and Aubrey both took the PHI for a flight and several others took the Firebird up as well. Matt flew the Firebird and was able to keep up with mike who was in a V1 when they punched it out on break off. Guys are really getting excellent performance from the Firebird when flying with the big suits. I have a bunch of pics but the connection here is slow. I will try to post some later on when I have time to reduce the files. Did I mention it is hotter than hell here too?:)
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Today was crazy from jump street. We had flocks going all day long and added 2 new birdzs to the flock. Congrats to Mike and Mark for earning their wings. Had Norman Kent go up with us on a photo shoot. We used air to air communications supplied to us by Rare dynamics. Norman had the transmitter and the 3 of us had the receivers. I have used systems like it before and have one of my own but the quality of the transmission on the RD system was excellent. Norman was able to give us instructions as we flew so that he was able to get the best shot possible. It was truely impressive and is definately an invalueable tool to have. The shots Norman was able to get from that flight was awesome.

Mike made his 1000th jump today and we launched a sunset 13 way slot specific flock that went as smooth as butter. Omar caught it all on video to include the Pie slash flour slash egging later on in the beer tent. Today was definately a good day:)
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I knew we left too early:( - congrats Mike, wish we could have stayed another day to be in on your 1000th.

Thanks again to Scott, Chris, Matt and everyone else for making this year fun & safe for us.

See you at the Flock-n-dock 1.5

P.S. - Omar, you should have called for a ride!
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

Matt flew the Firebird and was able to keep up with mike who was in a V1 when they punched it out on break off. Guys are really getting excellent performance from the Firebird when flying with the big suits.:)

This has been an amazing year for perfomance in wingsuits. The vampire currently has set the standard in perfomance which all suits are now compared too. Wingsuit flying is getting more and more exciting by the day hell almost the HOUR!!!!!

Stay cool out there guys and drink lots of beer eeeerr I mean water! B|

The vampire currently has set the standard in perfomance which all suits are now compared too.

Hmmm, how do you figure? Because it new?

Not to brag, but I can easily smoke all of the V1's I have flown with in my S3 and my S3 Special, or even in the Hybrid Prototype I have.

Performance is in the PILOT, really...... ;)

Be safe.
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

What a kick ass day. Launched a series of sick flocks that just kept getting better as the day went. Had a couple of flocks with the base flying in the Firebird on his back that were averaging in the 70s. The inflation on that suit when it's on it's back is insane. Some really cool hybrid dives went on as well Omar should have all the cool pics from those. Used the rare dynamics air to air communications again today but with a student this time. Congrats to mark who earned his wings and is getting his own nylon crack after 2 jumps:)
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Don't think 'smoke' is an uncertain term. Doesn't it mean leave behind in the dust, so bad even visual contact is lost? :D it's clearcut, right?

I like the picture, very nice inflation, can see my house from there... hope his right foot turned out okay, looks like that hurts.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Maybe you should get out and fly with some other pilots that really know how to fly the suit.B|

Just because your top dog at the DZ where you trained and coached everyone doesn't count;)

And yes it is about the pilot but I would have to believe that the same pilot could get better results in the V1 over the S3 or S3S (results at break off or when trying to max out -- thats what we are talking about right) And that would be a pilot that was used to flying both of them

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

but I would have to believe

Untill someone actualy post hard GPS data, this is all too much of a guess (as far as V1/S3S comparisons) and the same thing goes for a lot of the newer suits...

I have no problem 'believing' one thing or another...but actualy 'knowing it' would be better
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

hope his right foot turned out okay, looks like that hurts.

nah it's fine. It's probably a little bit distorted too since that suit is 6" too long for me. Even though it was long, it flew so nicely that I had to order my own :D

Overall we had some great flocks so far at WFFC ranging from 5 - 12 if i'm remembering correctly. Thanks for everyone who showed and Scott and Matt for organizing. I think one of the most memorable from yesterday was flying towards this fantastic rainbow. B|

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Smoke or keep up with?

How does doing a 180 and flying by them as they are already under canopy sound?

Be safe.
Ed

That certainly is a 180 Ed :)
Anyways, the question really is how would you do in Suit A vs How you would do in Suit B.

Or wait till I have 8000 jumps :P.

Kris.