Trae

international WingSuit patents

As far as I am aware nobody has patents.

The world of Patents and Intellectual Property is an absolute nightmare.

Registering patents is more painful than plucking every single hair out of your body one by one and it costs a whole bunch of $$$$ to boot.

Then you also have to spend a whole bunch more $$$$ to sue people who infringe your patent etc.

(btw. a patent will not stop the Chinese either!)
BASEstore.it

just borrow a real pair and take them to the korean sew shops... they are awesome. I swear if you showed them a wingsuit, they could make an badass copy
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

The Russians have already beat the commies to it. There is a pretty good knock off of a classic and GTI being made by a small skydiving company in Russia. I have the web site bookmarked somewhere along with pics of the suits.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

As wing-suits are developing fairly rapidly perhaps no-one would want to be left with a 2nd rate copy of a 2nd rate suit?

It struck me that perhaps some-one could corner the market a bit with a new patented innovation...... like helium blow up suit or something .

Enforcing such a thing could provide some entertainment.

perhaps no-one would want to be left with a 2nd rate copy of a 2nd rate suit?

Apparently one man's trash is anothers treasure. I am sure the Russians are knocking off copies of other suits as we speak, no doubt for a lower price. The joys of a budding Capalist society has taken hold. From what I could discern in the pictures, the suits look pretty well made. I believe perry had the opportunity to examine one when he was in Russia for the boogie.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

If the feeling is to just get in there and take wingsuit flight further and wider then I suppose the more copying the better.....best form of flattery 'n all.
:$
At some stage it must get a bit secretive I would suppose... for instance does anyone know what the wingsuit companies have on their drawing boards now?
I wonder about the connection between the free exchange of ideas and their exponential growth.

More secrets less growth???

Do you know how much Helium you would need? A lot, so either a masive wing or a tougher non bleeding wing that took take very high pressure, a pilot happy for you to ride to altitude with him and your wings or cannister.

As for raising a patent and covering the market if you apply for a patent you need to demonstrate originality in design. This is done through a prior art search, in the case of a wingsuit you would find a lot of prior art so proving your originality might be difficult to say the least. You can patent specific features however as James and several others have said its very exoensive and unless you have the next water fuelled jet engine not a path most wood take.

Cheers

F

Meanwhile my patent is going well for my lighter than air fligh suit :P
Dont just talk about it, Do it!

Meanwhile my patent is going well for my lighter than air fligh suit

That wouldn't be my idea i told you about rareified air mixed in combination with methane gas suit would it?:D;)
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING