KrisFlyZ

Incidents : Flocking Collision

Glad to hear everyone made it out with only minor injuries. Did you deploy your main or did you have a cypress fire? I have seen what you described happen several times during flocks and fortunately, no one was hurt. No one else has any footage of what happened?
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Unfortunately there is no footage other than a few seconds where I am spiralling down. I saw this just after I came down and I was very groggy so I don't recollect what I saw very well.

When I came about, my main canopy was deployed...no line twists. I was right above DZ everyone else had already landed. After landing, I don't remember anything until I was at the DZ tent area.

Only explanation is that I must have deployed it subconciously. No one mentioned that the collision deployed me. The impact was high on the head and right shoulder area(from the injuries).

Kris.

I was very groggy so I don't recollect what I saw very well

Short term memory lose is not uncommon when a blow to the head is received in an accident. From the sounds of it, you were still conscious after the strike and had enough mind to deploy your main. Memory of what happened may eventually come back or it may not.Glad you pulled your string :ph34r:

The impact was high on the head and right shoulder area

I am assuming you were wearing a helmet when this happened?

A few examples of "near" and not so near misses during flocks can be seen here. Let's be careful out there people.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I saw Loic's video (ask pierre, i think he got a copy)... All you can see is something, almost shadow like shoot over head, the camera looks left, then back and down a bit, and there you are spining down, then that was it. Thats all there was.

When you got down you were completely spaced out with some nasty looking bruises on your forehead.

Hope you heal soon dude, come back to the flock!

Oh, and please repack your rig... i did it in a hurry, and i've never packed a mirage before, weird split bag things... too odd... probably fine, but worth doing again ;)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies