base695

Wingsuit SkiJumping

Yeah... I'm not sure if there would be any skijump course with a landing ramp that far away from the takeoff, so it would just be a wingsuit base with a skijump exit (cool!).
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

There's very strict regulations on what kind of suit you are allowed to wear for competitions, even on how bulky the suit might be. Otherwise the suit would make all the difference.
But I guess a suit like the S-Fly Access would be very cool for it :)

I have actually looked into that... but couldn't really come into an conclusion.

Some of the "hill certificates"(with technical drawings of the hills) of the ski jumping hills can be found on the Internet. Here is a list, maybe someone with more knowledge of wingsuit BASE could take take a look and see whether or not it's doable.

If you want to deploy a rig, you could do something like this (check attached picture)

Isn't that the cliff JT and McConkey did?
Watched it last night. Very cool stuff.
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

Looked at some specs and if Vo=24m/s denotes initial speed, after a 43m vertical drop the vertical speed will be about 30m/s, bringing the total speed to about 38m/s, which is almost 80% of terminal velocity.

So why landing a wingsuit is such a big ordeal if skiers land at 80% terminal routinely without one??? ;) Someone, please, just do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So why landing a wingsuit is such a big ordeal if skiers land at 80% terminal routinely without one???

They're landing on their feet, for one thing. I can jump off a ten foot building and land on my feet. Can you do that face first?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com