Skolls081102

Jeb's Wingsuit Landing Attemp?

No multi-milion dollar slip and slide needed either...

Just water?
Have you jump to the water from a boat? Easy money.....

Have you jump to the water from a boat going by 20+ knots?
You got a nice chance to break your neck and drown.:S

Mr Negative. It was a comment on that video...;)

He DID survive. He DID not need a mutli million dollar landing slide.
He only needed water. Yea it probably hurt like hell. But he didnt dorwn, and he didnt break a neck. Though water is hard, its for sure not like concrete. I dont think a concrete slam like that would have been survivable..;):P
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

No multi-milion dollar slip and slide needed either...

Just water?
Have you jump to the water from a boat? Easy money.....

Have you jump to the water from a boat going by 20+ knots?
You got a nice chance to break your neck and drown.:S

Read in context, it's pretty easy to understand that Jarno was saying "Chris upstaged Jeb and did it without a million$$ slide."

For some reason it has not been publicised BUT a guy has already done "better" - he did not deploy and survived. He flew into the tree line and walked away with a minor stomach injury. Heal fast Christopher.

Like no deployment whatsoever? Video please.

looks like a bad pitch or pc hesitation

Late throw. Nothing else. Looks like he wanted to get flying first.

Regardless, a late throw or a partial mal is not, and should not be compared with, a deliberately planned attempt to land a WS without using a parachute.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I watched this from the bridge all the way to impact. The canopy reached lone stretch and had started to inflate, but seriously, only just.

He made a fair old noise as he hit the water and it took them a long time to fish him out. Unfortunately his friends and family watched it from the landing area.

From the bridge it looked like nothing more than a really late, then lazy throw. He barely got any distance in the WS, trackers did better.

As I understand it, he has severed his spinal cord, shattered his pelvis and collapsed both lungs.

So, technically not a Wingsuit landing, and even if it was, the guys never going to walk again by all accounts.
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Anyone can land and get broken :) The winner is the one that lands and doesn't get broken :) The goal is not to land, the goal is to land and then get up and do it again :) So even if a person lands and only femurs them self still not the landing I am trying to do :)

The guy that went into the trees was in the hospital for quite some time so the injuries were not that minor :) Also the trees deployed his parachute and he actually landed under a parachute even though he was unconscious as it happened :)

Just so you know, even if someone lands a snow slope uninjured it still will not change what i am doing :) My goal is not to land out in the middle of no where or even to be first. My goal is to land in the middle of a major city :) So if someone goes and lands a snow slope it will only help me in my cause :) So guys get going, I know one of you will go for it and pull it off one of these days :)

I am pretty sure Dean is working on this and I have no doubt he will pull it off :) But again, my goals are a bit different :)

Jeb

How are your plans coming along? Is the intention still to use a long slope to land on?

When do plan for your first attempt to happen? Do you have all the funding in place?

Other than saying you want to do this, what starts have you made to make it an actuality?

Genuinely curious as everything I hear about it is always 3rd hand.
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

We have everything in place except for financing. Financing plus risk seems to be the biggest hurdle for us. But I am sure we will figure out how to over come it very soon :) The chinese cave fly through was very helpful :) the landing won't happen soon but it will happen :) Just going to take time, but I am in no rush to be honest :)

Anyone who thinks they can make it happen faster or better I say go for it :)

Jeb

I completelt forgot I started this thread (6 years ago!!! :o). Glad to hear that you are still working toward your goal Jeb. I can't wait to see it when it happens.

It took 6 years of working, but I finally hit my goal!!! I finally got under the 250 lb mark and ca finally go do my first tandem!!! Now all I need is $250 and ext spring to roll around!!!

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

We have everything in place except for financing. Financing plus risk seems to be the biggest hurdle for us. But I am sure we will figure out how to over come it very soon :) The chinese cave fly through was very helpful :) the landing won't happen soon but it will happen :) Just going to take time, but I am in no rush to be honest :)

Anyone who thinks they can make it happen faster or better I say go for it :)

Jeb

Nice! Didn't know Jeb posted on dropzone.
Thanks for the inspiration! ;)

in reply to "The chinese cave fly through was very helpful :) the landing won't happen soon but it will happen :) Just going to take time, but I am in no rush to be honest :) "

Hi Jeb, wondering if its possible to test your idea on a smaller test rig than your full size design.
It would cost less and you might then have a show ride contraption to market .
Showride manufacturers might even be interested in working with you to develope a machine that simulates a wingsuit landing ... at the carnival...for whuffos.
praps a nice blowy bungie assist wingsuit landing trainer could result.

Didn't the guy on Bridge Day "land" his wingsuit? :P T'was neither cool nor pretty, but he came in contact with the ground without opened parachute (he did try to open one tho) and is still alive AFAIK.

You don't need a fancy lubed slide to do this, just go for it!! :ph34r:

I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne

Didn't the guy on Bridge Day "land" his wingsuit? :P T'was neither cool nor pretty, but he came in contact with the ground without opened parachute (he did try to open one tho) and is still alive AFAIK.

You don't need a fancy lubed slide to do this, just go for it!! :ph34r:

Depends how you define landing without a parachute.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.