Skolls081102

Jeb's Wingsuit Landing Attemp?

I hope he makes it.

As a side note, the ramp design shown in the vid is so tall, that he has ample time to steer to the side, pull and land if he misses his trajectory (he won't be wearing a skydiving rig). And then go try again. I don't believe he wants to die doing this, and I think its really fucking morbid what people say about his endeavours.

Appreciate the mans effort, regardless of what you think of him as a person/jumper. And shouting "just fucking do it already" from the back row is silly. If the plan is not finished, would you?

I don't think it'll happen anytime soon but it will be done. Possibly someone will beat him to it.

K

Its not a wingsuit, but its definately landing without use of a parachute!

Somebody beat Jeb to it! And a video online! And if I had to choose who looks better, Id also go with this one (though also clean shaven, like jeb)

link

Don't know what they're selling, but I'll buy two !!! ;)
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

oh Man, I love your feeling for important stuff.
We have to instruct this group of serious sportspeople for free . . . for sure I promise the next WoM i will organise some like this ladies:P

don´t pester the jester . . or better: WHY SO SERIOUS ? ?

www.pralle-zeiten.de

An-2 is a bi-plane..?

Yes it is.

An-2

yea I know...thats why I had a questionmark behind it:P
as in Dude...you do know that an An2 is a bi-plane..righ?

We're in the part of the world where we know the difference between hercules airplanes, An-2s and jetplanes because we get to jump them regularly...unlike those twin otter/skyvan pussies from the USA:P;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

We're in the part of the world where we know the difference between hercules airplanes, An-2s and jetplanes .unlike those twin otter/skyvan pussies from the USA:P;)

To bad you are not part of the world that knows the difference between a running gag about aircraft posts and a ridiculous question.......dork!

I still suspect its those russians not wanting to let americans board their beautifull plane that caused them to skip on the event:P;)

Neeh...shame the plane didnt make it..we could have created some brilliant chaos and havok in the skies!

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

It's already everywhere on the web. But seeing how the canopy didnt do ANYTHING to decelerate or even stand-up the jumper, I think Chris upstaged James Boole by a large margin, and for sure beat Jeb to the punch. No multi-milion dollar slip and slide needed either...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I wonder if it would have been better for him to to go for max flight instead of the PC

In the pictures he pitched and then reached for his risers ... Flair (or at least fly it out)! You'll lose less altitude and either maintain or reduce speed.

PS: This opinion was made from the comfort of a keyboard by an unqualified individual.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

You're still gonna gain vertical speed when going for the PC aren't you? Video shows him closing all wings.

He seems to close wings half a second before impact. The momentum you have is not going to change that much within that half a second.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

here's the rest of the photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rksjr/6251325701/

looks like a bad pitch or pc hesitation

If the time difference between the pictures is constant, it does not look like a pc hesitiation but as if he lost a lot of time finding the pc or just flying with the hand on the pc and not pulling...
But this is just a guess.
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch