Nikolaj

Best wingsuit

In my opinion the new Matter suit 3 is the best !!! with the new reinforced leg wing with kevlar inserts ,gives the suit more power, stop vibration and out fly an S3 anyday!! they say a matter suit is float, and a S3 gets more forward speed at the deeper angle, but now with the new inserts and rear back deflector it goes!!! check out the website!!! www.matterclothing.com

thank you for sharing Andy.
How many wingsuit flights do you have? And on what suits? Why don't you enter some details in your profile...

There is a smell in the air......? :)
We all saw where this thread was going. :D

Be safe.
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I think Nik needs to rephrase his question like this. Hi everybody I would like to know what the best wingsuit is in your opinion (The wingsuit with the best performance), and tell why. Also if you are on any wingsuit manufacturers payroll or get free gear from them for promotion please dont respond.
:P:S:D

Also if you are on any wingsuit manufacturers payroll or get free gear from them for promotion please dont respond.

Wow that would really narrow down the responses --- as most of your regular responders belong to the statement above --- it would include BMCI's/BMI's/--PFI/E's and more than likely "Andymatter" but that is just a guess. Now this could be argued but they all have sales incenatives --

The best overall wingsuit will be released next year and when it has been released the next one to be released will be better yet --- I would hope anyway

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Just ordered the Phi S3S and blade S5. I have S3 and Gti. i can tell you which one of those i like best in 2-3 month.
As told before it all depends of the pilot i am a heavy person so i can get great forward speed and open about the same place after 2,10 min as my friend that is tall and light but he gets 2,30 min
but if you want a high performance suit get one of the latest models from the company you like most.
Bo Wienberg

vimeo.com/bowienberg

Okay, while we're on the subject, I have a similar question but a little more specific than Nikolaj. I wanted to ask: I'm considering exchanging my current BM Classic to something with some more wing area. Now both the S3 and the V1 look very interesting. I have about 50 or 60 jumps on the classic (and some jumps on a S1 and a S3). I'm not sure which one to pick. I've heard good things about the V1 and I really like the design and look of it, but others say there's not really that much difference compared to the S3 in flying characteristics.

I love flying for long periods of time, so a low descent rate is more important than a high forward speed (yes, I read the links posted earlier and the articles on the PF website about sink rates and glide ratios - very informative, thanks!).

Of course it'll be hard to get a straight answer out of all you BMI's and PFI's. :D:P

Cheers.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Well the order is sent for 3 suits and 2 of them is in production and as soon as the Blade is ready for shipping i guess jussi will send me the bill for that one too.
i want to use the suits for students and i want to have something for everybodys taste when they have learned to fly..
Bo Wienberg

vimeo.com/bowienberg

i want to use the suits for students

Maybe you should have bought some Classics as the S3s / S5 / PHI aren't really being hyped as your best all around student suits. You said that you have an S3 / and a GTI --- the GTI is the only suit that is even close for student use.

I am asuming that I am misunderstanding your post -- don't mean to bust your balls.

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

i want to use the suits for students

I am asuming that I am misunderstanding your post -- don't mean to bust your balls.

Read the rest of the sentence, wiz. Read the part where he says "once they have learned to fly" and it will make much more sense.

Anyways, I don't mean to bust your balls.:ph34r:

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.

I have gti suits available in many sizes and thats what i use for first flight students.
When they have learned how to fly "as i wrote" they can test fly the different suits to see what they like before they go out and spend a lot of money on a new suit.
I have seen too many times, newbies getting a s3 because its hot but they fly 10 - 20 times a year and would be better off in a Gti.
I just think it is a good service i have as an inst.
Bo Wienberg

vimeo.com/bowienberg

Hey BO!!!!"YOUR NOT FROM ROUND HERE" !!! Texas humor.. BO in awesome flyer and sends alot of students in denmark.Have flown with him for..what 3 years now? Welcome to DZ com be ready to wear thick skin cause it can get pretty testy in here:D!!! But we do learn somethings here from time to time see you in GRYTT before herc next year for warmups!!! No, mabe see you at Christmas in Empouria!!!!!
Only he can be happy,who can make his the present hour,for today he has lived

Now both the S3 and the V1 look very interesting. I have about 50 or 60 jumps on the classic (and some jumps on a S1 and a S3). I'm not sure which one to pick. I've heard good things about the V1 and I really like the design and look of it, but others say there's not really that much difference compared to the S3 in flying characteristics.

I haven't jumped the V1, but I have heard many firsthand accounts. Most people have told me they can't beat their S3 times (though they can get about the same), but the V1 has a higher forward speed for sure. Which means a flatter glide, obviously.

There is also a guy I know well who had about 900 WS jumps, many on an S3. Despite all these jumps, I always thought he was a bit twitchy in his S3 (I never told him :)). His FIRST jump on the V1 we flew side by side and he was rock solid. He flipped over to his back and remained rock solid. That being his first jump on the suit, I think it says a lot for the stability/quality of the suit.

I'll try the V1 one of these days...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Maybe the question should read:

"What is the best wing suit for:

... beginners?

... intermediates?

,,, advanced?

... hang time?

... glide ratio?

... back flying?

... flocking?

... BASE tight exits?

... BASE easy exits?

... aerobatics?

... etc?"

James, that is Cedric the owner of the Matter company pretending to be his own customers again.

He has been bust doing this previously (using usernames rocketfrommars, patblack and jp001). He was caught out via IP address by the moderators and most of his posts/reviews were deleted.