kansasskydiver

Putting stickers on the top skin of suit

Contacted a local brewary here to see if they would sponsor myself and another jumper for our demo. They said they had some stickers/decals that would fit the back of our wings. Anyone any done something like this, if they were placed correctly on the topskin allowing it to keep form, how much, if any, would it affect the flight performance of the suit?

Not a troll, just wanting others opinions before I slap them on there
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Are you talking adhesive stickers? I'd be curious to see how you'd get them to stay on.

I've seen at least one person (cough, ScaryPerry) with a patch (cough, 420), but not a sticker, sewn on the back of his legwing. I think it was a patch at least.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I experimented with stuff like this on my silver suit, wanted to make it look like a USAF jet with the logos.. bought a bunch of extra fabric, bought some T-Shirt transfers (the iron on type).. had poor results. Stick on stickers will just leave a bunch of sticky shit on your wings.. not a good idea.

You'd have to take the entire wing apart to be able to sew anything on due to the ribs.

Hey Chris, why not apply those stickers and take promo pics with them on while you are posing on the ground. Hell, if they fly off mid-flight who gives a crap if the sponsor is going to hook you up! As to sticker residue, you might have some but that suit isn't going to last forever anyway, is it?B|

What about the flight charachteristics? Do you think it'll affect it at all?

As for the suit, yeah it's not gonna last forever, I caught the left wing pretty good going out the door last weekend and put a 2 inch tear in it... I've got a temp patch on it now as my rigger has never dealt with a wingsuit. Ya know, 100mph white duct tape haha
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Have you considered getting a couple of rolls of different coloured adhesive ripstop patch tape, and building the logos out of that? Depending on the logo it would take some work but it would definitely hold for one jump, and probably for the lifetime of the suit if need be.

The downside is that the tape may or may not leave a sticky residue on your wings when you remove it, and the glue may or may not damage the fabric over time.