kevin922

golden knight wingsuits

Ah, our tax dollars at work.:D

Looks cool, especially since its something that literally every whuffo has heard about or seen on TV and they always ask questions about it when they come to the DZ.

So added it to their show will be a nice boost in the right direction.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yeah, but they'll have to wear three sets of two!;)

Better plan for the extra weight on the ankles.B|

When I was jumping with Jon we went with 1 and 2 cans and in both configurations you could definately see the smoke trail from the ground.. I think 4 jumps with 2 cans would be very easy to spot.

update: Clip uploaded to the movie server...

That suit is pretty bright in the air. It really stands out. very high quality suit. This is probally good advertising for bird man...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Not sure which movie server you uploaded it to, but skydiving movies shows the newest files are :

SkyRiders_II.wmv New! (Freeflying)
» SkyRiders second part «
73.7 MB

4/11/05

exploding_hybrid_inside.wmv New! (Miscellaneous)
» 6-way hybrid funnels, inside view «
3.9 MB

4/11/05

not rated yet

exploding_hybrid_outside.wmv New! Comments (1) (Miscellaneous)
» 6-way hybrid funnels, outside view «
5 MB

4/11/05

not rated yet

aff2c.wmv New! (Students)
» AFF Level 2 Recurrency, reserve-side JM POV «
31.8 MB

4/11/05

not rated yet

SMASH_2004.wmv New! (RW)
» Compilation of 4-way practice 2004 «
44.4 MB

4/10/05

only2conntadem.mpg New! Comments (7) (Exits)
» Tandem was connected only at 2 lower points on exit! «
8 MB

4/10/05

yes-i-did-it-video.mpeg New! Comments (3) (Students)
» mdrejhon's First Skydive; Tandem; Includes 360° spin during freefall! «
12.5 MB

4/9/05

None of which seem to be yours, of course a filename would have helped.

Not sure which movie server you uploaded it to, but skydiving movies shows the newest files are..

It may take a while for files to get approved and sorted to the correct dirs..(that partialy unhooked tandemvid sure is freaky though...)

Craig was already a cool guy, and he put it here :)http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=2201

B|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Le Roy, the file is over 30 MB for less than 2 minutes of video and why is it encoded using a DVD codec? Dave has told you about this before in this thread

I've compressed it into WMV format, reuploaded it and approved it here

The file has gone from 32 MB to under 4 (and I was quite generous with the WMV bitrate). If I get a chance I will do a DivX version. Please use DivX or WMV next time!
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

I'm gonna add a tutorial section to the site at some point with some instructions on video encoding and a few other topics. WMV and DivX avi files are so easy to make using free software. We could really speed up downloads and cut down on bandwidth usage a huge amount if all files were properly compressed.

Cool video though! Thanks for the help Craig. I was very confused this morning when I tried to approve the file only to find it was gone, but a comment had been left about it. :)
Dave

Leroy, 61 megs for a 36 second video is slightly ridiculous.

well 30mb for a couple min is an improvement... ;)

...:(... why dont i bend over so you can spank me next time... yea baby harder, harder... your my sister, your muh sister.....

Your welcome for the vid, and sorry to John or Jon if I spelled his name incorreclty. I can recode the it tonight with the correct spelling.

Also, I have the Divx codec on my machine, but how do I get Pinnacle ver studio 9 to recognize it so I can encode in that format?

Also note that it was a SVCD codec... not DVD...

Le Roy
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Also, I have the Divx codec on my machine, but how do I get Pinnacle ver studio 9 to reconize it so I can encode in that format?

Either save it as a normal AVI (or whatever format) en use an external encoding program (Windows media cleaner or Virtual Dub)

I'm not familiar with Pinnacle Studio, but I think in exporting you should be able to choose a compression format for .avi's and select DIVX.
There's also a Pinnacle Adavanced Codec Pack they are ofering ($10 I think) that allows for divx export...but I think it should probably work with the standard codecs as well..

Also note that it was a SVCD codec... not DVD...

*SPANK* SVCD and DVD both are MPG2 compressed...:P

Great video...he certainly flew a helluvalot better then I did on my first WS jump B|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Either save it as a normal AVI (or whatever format) en use an external encoding program (Windows media cleaner or Virtual Dub)

Thats extra time consuming... rather do it when I encode it the first time...

I will look into the extra divx pack seeing we are now becoming bandwidth concious.

speaking of.... Dave please post a link for the paypal support line

Leroy

I have the Divx codec on my machine, but how do I get Pinnacle ver studio 9 to recognize it so I can encode in that format?

It's as hard as choosing the Divx codec from the drop down list when you get to the encode step in Pinnacle. Click that drop down arrow when the little window pops up and choose the Divx codec. If the Divx codec is on your machine, the program will list it.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I am not einstein... but I knew that much.

I have downloaded the codec and it is not recognized by pinnacle. I even uninstalled and reinstalled pinnacle.

anyway forget that... this is gettign off topic... back to watching the video!!!

respectfully

El Roy
Leroy