voodew1

new V-1s coming to town

When you say your fall rate, do you mean when your protrack gives an average or when you look at the graph and it gives you a low point. I have seen dips into the 20's frequently on dives and and overall averages of 30's sustained (low, 1st half, second half) with a max in the 50's. This is all on an S3. I really want to try a V1.

Doug

I've done 8 jumps on mine, and have had a best whole jump avg. of 48, so far, with only 4 of those jumps trying to go slow. That's not much better than I did with the classic, (51 was my best), but there's definitely a lot more forward speed there (just judging from the howling wind), and I'm still learning the suit. It's definitely a different experience from the classic :D

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.

Protrack average fall rate data is what I base the overall flight speed on enless I am flying camera in which case its a vertical distance against time measurement, and yes you can see the dips on the jump track data, I only look at ones over 5 secs. This suit has a lot of potential, which I hope to realise after some more leg work down the gym! and a lot more jumps on it. I have never jumpoed an S3 just a Classic2 and my skyflyer, used to get average whole dive 50mph for C2 and 42mph average speed for Skyflyer.

Cheers

F
Dont just talk about it, Do it!

So Doug why don't you come to Skydive Dallas on Wed the 18th and we will trade suits and compare data----unless your scaredB|

I really don't have any good data as the first 3 jumps I felt like ass(I was sick) and have only got one other jump since than and I was playing with body position not trying to go real fast or real slow.

Maybe if we good get some good weather and keep the planes from breaking I will get a few more.

As for the really low dips on the protrack - if it is in your helmet everytime you look at your altimeter you will get a low spike in the low 30's --- I have one in my helmet and one in the mud flap of my rig- which has no spikes and is a much smoother graph -- and usually won't have any spikes really low or really high. On a further note both usually recorded the same averages for 1st and 2nd half only the graphs were different

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

As for the really low dips on the protrack - if it is in your helmet everytime you look at your altimeter you will get a low spike in the low 30's

I keep mine in my sock on my ankle, as you say gives much cleaner readings, buts its a b*tch to get into a good position to hear the beeps :P
Dont just talk about it, Do it!

Yo,
I was able to fly the V1 all weekend, WOW are my muscles tired today :P All but one jump were flocking jumps so no max performance, I did however do a helo jump from about 4800'. Protrack said I averaged 42mph for 47 seconds. The DZO and manager both came over upon landing to pick up their jaws off the ground :o:)This suit (V1) is really amazing, I am only flying MAYBE 25-30% of its performance.
Its true, the thirst ALWAYS wins...B|
Later
Blair
PS I will have some GPS data for next weekend hopefully, as my 'in flight recorder' should be finished this week.

Hmmm....Yeah, I see how lookin at your alimeter could change the slip stream over the protrack. On another note, I don't look at my altimeter (rarely wear one). I watch the ground, when it get close as shit I hold out a bit longer then pull!

Doug