shawnstarr

connecting suit to rig

i'm certified but its been a while. wich tab on the wing side of a gti do you skip? i thought it was the 3rd but this suit has sharpy on the fourth. any quick info would be apprecciated
------------------------------------------------
'I refuse to tiptoe quitely through life
only to arrive safely at death' Anon

It depends on your body size, suit size and rig size. Some people actualy have rigs that are not optimally sized for them, believe it or not, so how the laterals penetrate into the back wing and how the harness fits around and in through the front of the wing is largly dependant on your rigs fit on your body.

You want a good static fit on the ground but also take into account not stressing the suit when suspended in the harness after deployment.

Still its rarely more than a tab plus or minus from the standard.

Typical configurtion is the 3rd from the top, on the wings side(front and back). However, depending how the main lift web exits the suit and for some tall people, the 4th one may need to be skipped. Once you have the suit on, have someone lift your pack tray up simulating the shift that will occur when your under canopy. If any of the tabs above the main lift web/horizontals(back) are being stressed, you may want to re-lace your suit skipping the tab that is being stressed. Failing to do so will eventually result in the tab ripping away from the suit.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING