unclecharlie95

greetings from Z-flock!

Great pics..

What are the speeds when flocking with 4 V-1's?
I imagine a lot slower (down) then the 70 to 80 mph most flocks are cruising!?

With all the new high performance suits, big flocks will probably also fly much longer (if everyone has the same range, in terms of his suit)???
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Hey Kris - since you are more of the "average" wingsuit flyer why don't you give us all a comparision between your S3 and the V-1

I mean no disrespect by the term "average" your just not a sponored 800 wingsuit flight jumper if you catch my drift.

Maybe start a new thread?

Thanks
Voodew

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Hey Kris - since you are more of the "average" wingsuit flyer why don't you give us all a comparision between your S3 and the V-1

I mean no disrespect by the term "average" your just not a sponored 800 wingsuit flight jumper if you catch my drift.

Maybe start a new thread?

Thanks
Voodew

Hey, he's not average. I knew him when he was average, jumping a loaner Classic II.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yes, the V1 rocked when maxed out.... we were just flocking all weekend and so i didnt get a real feel for the maxed out performance of the suit until everybody left on monday. we got up and the weather was awful, thought we weren't going to get any jumps in at all on monday.

So when they said hop and pop we were excited!!! we did six in total ranging from a six way from 5100 ft (delay 66 seconds) down to a four way from 2300 feet (delay classified.....hehehe:o:o but very impressive still)

on full alti loads i managed 3 mins and 6 seconds yesterday from 13100 open at 3100. so thats 10000 feet of freefall. my average speed was 42mph. this amazed me as my body type is poor for wingsuit performance..... 5'6 and 170.....
on one of the lower hop and pops i averaged 40 mph but this was only a 23 second delay;);)

if the weather holds i'll be taking the V1 out of a balloon in the morning. cant wait. when i get back to the UK ill sort video out and post some stills too.

D

I love the silhouette photo 5th from the top (1301.jpg) and the photo's of the tight 3-way at the bottom (1709/1710.jpg) are very cool with the cloud formations and all:)
Just curious, any reason why the guy in the blue V-1 isn't using the wing grippers there? They look to me like they'd be really usefull in fine tuning position in that kind of dive, or am I off the mark there?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee,

the guy in the blue is chris ware. he uses them sometimes when flying maxed out but these suits are no where near the maxed out position in these flocks. for the first day i had extreme difficulty staying in the formation not because i was sinking out but because the V1 wanted to fly me through it!!! the maxed out "balls to the wall " position is quite easy to learn and i shaved 15 mph off my vertical slowest speed on an s3 within a few jumps.....

but i did find it a little tricky to fly slow with other older suits. this was an initial fear only as after a couple of days i found it easier.

Chris ware uses his webbed gloves to stabalise him during deployment. he claims it is much better, but on his 5th day of V1 jumps he couldnt find his handle and popped his silver at 1500 ish......

personally, gloves do nothing but scare the shit out of me, and occaisionally help in cold old england.....:)
D

OK, cool. Sounds like y'all had more fun than should be allowed!

personally, gloves do nothing but scare the shit out of me, and occaisionally help in cold old england.....

Man I hear that. Love jumping without gloves but for the last few months... forget it.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Chris ware uses his webbed gloves to stabalise him during deployment. he claims it is much better, but on his 5th day of V1 jumps he couldnt find his handle and popped his silver at 1500 ish.....

Geez Darren, that is scary. I'm guessing that happened after the weekend?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com