Zeemax

s5?

Ok, i'm probably about to buy a brand spanking new suit. I was going to buy the S3, but then someone mentioned hanging on for the s5??

How far off is it, am i talking rubbish, has this already been covered to death and i'm now just wasting bandwidth?
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

See that banner in the upper right corner of the screen? There's your answer right there;)

when are you coming back to our side of the Pond? BTW, that web site of yours is absolutely HILARIOUS. You are definately touched:P
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I'm kind of new in this (WS), so my question might sound stupid:$... If I understood right, the suit Jari has been testing in the tunnel is not S5??? And if it's not (is it S3?), what will this testing contribute to?:S

<< I'm kind of new in this (WS), so my question might sound stupidBlush... If I understood right, the suit Jari has been testing in the tunnel is not S5??? And if it's not (is it S3?), what will this testing contribute to?Crazy >>>

Gathering data to lay the foundation for the the next gen of WS...as I understood it from previous post.

Keeping it real 22x7

Curiousity killed the cat! ;):D

meoww meowww .... urggghhhhh B|

The suits in the tunnel video are the S3, GTi and the Phi prototype made by Robert. ;) I got my confirmation from a reliable source.

I think I hear him calling you in the house for dinner? :P:D

Be safe!
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Hmmm, now I'm lost[:/]...Wanna know why? Not because I'm a stupid chick, but because I'm a manager in one of world's largest computer company (have master degree in one of the thingies BM is showing in the video...:$) and I'm also big F1 fanatic (Ferrari, Schumacher)...Nor in first or second case EVER IN THE HISTORY an old product has been tested in order to make a new (and for sure not better) one!!! So bodypilot1...sorry, but what you're saying, diserves only one answer - BULLSHIT!:S

Directed to all, just replying to Zeemax because he started the thread:

Let's not have this degenerate into a "my gear has a bigger thing than yours" thread.

You don't see Robi and Jari on here slagging each other off. I think their example is one that the rest of us ought to pay attention to.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Tom and others...I didn't want to say anything about "my gear has a bigger thing than yours"...since I don't know Jari or Robert personally and I think all the best about EXISTING PRODUCTSB|...the only thing I wanted to stress here or as it was put in the first place by Zeemax: where is S5, where is blade???...I'm a chick with some understanding in physics and aerodynamics and will not buy the ad with half naked angie!!??? We're asking this because we would like to try it...fly it, not because we would like to provoce someone! And if someone sees this as provocation, than my doubts are even bigger...[:/]

It's easy to stand on the sidelines and chuck stones so lets keep one thing in mind here. Other manufacturers suits were tested in the tunnel as well. If you don't have base line data, how can you make something better? To date, the only ones who have put any type of wingsuit in a tunnel have been Adrian N, and the french team that was recently at PIA. I am doubtful if Adrian was able to use any of the data gathered to build a better suit or if that was even his intentions. The french team is studying wingsuit design with Military applications in mind, not neccesarily to build a better wing suit for the public.

Regardless of who made what, or who was involved at the time, we have better suits today because people like Leo Valentin, Patrick DeGayardon, Jari and Robert among others decided to push the envelope and make it better. In the end, WE benefit from their work. To argue over who did this or who did that is fruitless. There are designers at Ford who used to work at Chevy and visa versa but the bottom line is it all goes back to the Model T and those who continued to build on that dream.In the end , it is you the user who's going to benefit from others hard work. Last time I checked more can get done if more than one is involved. So instead of taking a side, stand off to the side and cheer all the competitors on because it's you who will eventually win when all is said and done.

I have yet to hear anyone talking smack like what goes on here while on a flock but I have seen many a smile and friends made during and after. Lets not forget why we do this.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

BM newsletter 2 says that they have testing all the possible wingsuits available at various speeds and different angles...and it has given to them very interested and valuable data.

I dont think that they want to show their new suits in that video...

Aside from all the arguments flying back and forth, Zeemax, dont take offence but if as your profile says you have 210 jumps why would you want an S3 let alone an S5 you can pick up a GTi or Skyflyer if you must or any other Gti like intermediate suit. Just because its the newest does not mean you will get the most out of it. I know we have seen this argument befpre so dont take it personally but 210 jump is not a lot to be flying the state of art wingsuits that are currently coming out. Translate this into any other domain and you'd be laughed at, ie canopies, I have 210 jumps now should I wait fot the new Z brace etc etc

Apologies if your profile number is merely a typo, this sport only interests me because we never stop learning, does not mean we have to skip the basics, and start at the deep end. Wingsuit flight is about fun and expanding our boundaries and the journey is a lot of fun, dont rush it.:)
Cheers

Fraser:)
Dont just talk about it, Do it!

All products take time. We've got an industry essentially composed of small and one man shops. Remember how eager people were for the V-1, and how it ended up taking a month or so longer than anticipated? If I recall correctly, Robert originally wanted to start selling them at Bridge Day, but they ended up not being available for a little bit longer.

It's silly to get up in arms when products are later than expected, because it happens all the time. It's not like anyone in this industry (wingsuits) has bigg budgets and research staffs.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Well - No one will be interested in this, as it only involves my old, boring S3, but between 5 AFF's today, I did 2 great wingsuit solo's, both playing with the pilot after exit for 25 - 30 seconds and staying quite close now, as we've been dirt diving this for about a month - and then finding the 1st Tandem out and doing flyby's off his left wingtip. Just enough summer cloud around to give the perception of plenty of speed - the glimpse of the Tandem Pax's "Wheee" expression and a few people on the ground's comments like "You looked like a Sidewinder missile tracking that plane! So close for SO long!"

Ah well. I guess I'll just have to carry on with this OLD BORING STUFF until the NEW and EXCITING S5 comes along.... ;)

Hoooo... Some of you guys really know how to bring yourselves down.

t
It's the year of the Pig.