KrisFlyZ

Z-Flock and Dock

Check it out on the Morpheus Technologies Website. March 18-20, 2005. Robert Pecnik will be there as well as PF wingsuit demos.

Who is going?

Kris.

From the website:
March 18-19-20, 2005

Join us this spring in sunny Zephyrhills, FL for the first Big Way WSRW event.

• Large Wingsuit Formations concentrating on formation flying.
• Large Wingsuit Formations concentrating on docked flight.
• General skills advancement camp.
• Video on most jumps.
• All abilities welcome.
• Come fly with Robert Pecnik of Phoenix Fly, designer of the first commercial wingsuit.
• Phoenix Fly beginner and intermediate wingsuit demos available.
• Phoenix Fly tracking pants and jacket demos available.
• Dinner on DZ Friday & Saturday night.
• Drawing for cool prizes.
• T-shirt for all registrants.
• Party and Band Saturday night!

Registration is $35 through Friday, March 4th and $45 after that.
Registration includes dinner on the dropzone Friday and Saturday nights, a T-shirt and we will be putting all registrant’s names into a drawing for cool prizes. For information about Skydivecity, as well as directions and accommodations, check out Skydivecity. www.skydivecity.com

I'm planning on being there...B|
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

^I was about to ask that same question. I was in Zhills for new years and overheard someone saying that V1's would be avalable, but that could easily be a rumor.

Good job scheduling this one during spring break guys! I'll make every effort to be there!
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

I'll be there as I've said before. It does suck we will lose so many good flyers to the Dublin boogie. Wish we could change it a week but that's hardly my call. :|

That sucks... we told a few folks at Rantoul when they were in the early stages of planning this event in Florida that a lot of people from the Southeast region - especially the Carolinas and Georgia, would all be at the Dublin Boogie.

That truly, truly sucks.[:/]

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

That sucks... we told a few folks at Rantoul when they were in the early stages of planning this event in Florida that a lot of people from the Southeast region - especially the Carolinas and Georgia, would all be at the Dublin Boogie.

That truly, truly sucks.[:/]

Robert Pecnik will be there :)
It seems like 2005 is a year packed with wingsuit events.

Kris.

There will be multiple opportunities to flock with the locals

The Dublin boogie is not just about wingsuiting, it's about being in a town that comes out to support and spectate which we find rarely in this sport. Last year, hundreds of people showed up with their lawn chairs and binoculars to watch skydivers, swoopers, helicopter loads, and all the other crazy human tricks. We continue to try to get this sport out to the public and this is the ONLY event I've ever been to (to include Skyquest where I saw FEW spectators) that draws such a large whuffo population.

The energy is incredible.:)
Robert will still be there when I get a few more wingsuit flights!;)

Katie

Just to be sure that everyone has a head’s up, we are bummed that these two Southeastern WS events are clashing as well. We had a look at the Calendar of Events for the spring of 05 when we were planning this last year and didn’t see any conflicts. The Dublin Boogie listed an extensive list of events in Skydiving that didn’t include winging it.

We are just excited that St. Patty’s Day and the Easter Boogie are so close together and figured it was a great time to have the event. I guess that it just goes to show how fast this application of skydiving is growing and that is a good thing for all of us. It seems as if there are enough good ws flyers to support both events.

This time of year is very busy for most good weather winter DZ’s as it is the last big boogie before summer kicks in. Skydive City is also hosting big freefly & RW events; and of all things, a night pond swooping competition that same weekend. Dropzones all over the place have stuff going on and I guess that it would be hard to know when and what is going on unless it is listed in advance. We had to have definitive dates so that people from abroad including Robibird could make flight and Visa arrangements.

Whether it be one of these two events or choosing from one of the other events that are going on around DZ’s that have good weather during this time, the end result should be the same for all of us… Having good flights and loads of FUN!!!

Robert and Kathy
MorpheusTech

We had to have definitive dates so that people from abroad including Robibird could make flight and Visa arrangements.

It would have bothered me more to miss the Z-hills event if Robi had made the effort to show up for the bigways at Deland (like Loic and Kathy did) or even the PIA symposium. For that matter, where were all the other Z-wingers (other than BMI's Chris and Scott) at the bigways? It was an open event. Robi can take my slot on the nice skydives I will be missing down there this one time. I will send the at least half the BirdMan demo fleet of suits to the event for Chris and Scott to teach with.

Chuck Blue
BMCI

It would have bothered me more to miss the Z-hills event if Robi had made the effort to show up for the bigways at Deland

I asked Robi why he didn't attend the Deland event and the PIA - he responded that his priority at the moment is Phoenix Fly and getting the V-1 production up to full speed. Tough decisions.

Besides, Robi wasn't the only significant person missing from the big way.

J

If were going to flame Robi for not attending the Deland event do we know that he got an invite or even knew about it? Also I dont believe Yari was there either. I know Robert Jones from Morpheus who is the North American Rep for Phoenix Fly was at the event. Not sure Robi would have been able to make it anyway due to the fact that he was in the middle of the first production models of the V-1. I am sure the guys planning the Z-Hills event had no intention for it to conflict with the Dublin event.

It's not that I (or anyone else I have discussed it with) am flaming Robi at all; he is a brilliantly ballsy wingsuit pilot. I just find it odd that some other people have chosen to attend this event just because Robert has chosen to come who were otherwise absent at the Deland event. Perhaps Robi will draw all the solo BASE wingsuiters out into the open; who knows. As to "personal invitations" to either event, I think there has been more than enough advertisement of these two and at least two other wingsuit events this year. Everyone of consequence in wingsuiting today reads this forum and, thankfully, because of events like this there are far fewer "zoomies" in the air. There are more than a couple of people who regularly read and post here who have gone from incredibly dangerous to pretty capable flockers. So long as the experienced flockers are in charge of the skydives at the event (read: Cancer Chris and Scott Bland), then it ought to go off without a hitch.

Likewise, the Dublin Boogie is not a "wingsuit" event. Dublin is just a wildly fun, larger boogie that will have a good quantity of accomplished wingsuit flockers and instructors present. FWIW, I am going there to haul meat this year, not organize per se.

Chuck Blue
BMCI

I just find it odd that some other people have chosen to attend this event just because Robert has chosen to come who were otherwise absent at the Deland event.

I don't find it strange, maybe people just want to meet and fly with Robi, like you said yourself in your post a few months back:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1353422;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

J

Even if these events were far apart, not all the wingsuit flyers could have attended both boogies.

Well I'm not going to be able to make either one! :P

Anyone crying? :D:D:D:D:P

But I'll be FLOCKIN' over here on the West Coast and lovin' it! ;)

Truely, there is plenty sky to go around! ;)

Flock on.:P

Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

But I'll be FLOCKIN' over here on the West Coast and lovin' it!

Well, flock on, then brother!!!:P CAW-CAW

I had an incredibly good time flocking with the Z-Hills birds during the Christmas boogie and look forward to another trip next winter!B|

Just can't pass up spending St. Patty's Day in a town called Dublin!:D

Ed - I'm still planning a trip out west one of these days... ;)

Katie