Mr.g

Wing suit bridle and PC recommendations

I have to agree with Aubrey and think any benefits gained from a covered 3 ring are far outweighed by the safety issues we are talking about.Besides, I really find it hard to believe that a exposed 3 ring adds that much drag.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I really find it hard to believe that a exposed 3 ring adds that much drag.

I would guess the same thing. If we're going to look at 3-rings as efficiency killers, we may as well start looking at our faces and ears and helmet construction (which was mentioned in another post with those funky bullet looking helmets).
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Like I said ambitious :)
Anyway I may have misinterpreted the text from the Morpheus website to place the blame entirely on the 3-ring system alone.

It looks like the entire rig is redesigned.

The highest drag area that a wingsuit and body creates when combined, is around the rib cage. This area equates to the upper 1/3 of the container. Some of the new, drag reducing features include continuous riser covers that offer a seamless contour around the yoke. There is no 3-ring system

...........................and it goes on......

Problem with that is it will probably render the three ring system inoperative. Not a problem in BASE most of the time.

Morpheus has eliminated the problem on their wingsuit specific BASE rig by removing the three ring system all together.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Just get an Atom (with reversed risers), if the wind resistance really bothers you ;)

You don't need to buy a whole new rig just to have reverse integrity risers. :)I think I have an extra set should someone want them.

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Just get an Atom (with reversed risers), if the wind resistance really bothers you ;)

You don't need to buy a whole new rig just to have reverse integrity risers. :)I think I have an extra set should someone want them.

Well here you do, don't you have a service bulletin (or whatever) that says you cannot use integrity risers on rigs not designed for them? We do, after the accident in australia. Can't say I agree with it, since we have a whole lot of reversed risers on other rigs at our dz (and in our country), have had them for years including a whole bunch of cutaways (our national crew team uses them LOL) without problems, but still... It's not allowed anymore.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

don't you have a service bulletin (or whatever) that says you cannot use integrity risers on rigs not designed for them?

Not that I am aware of?

I know a few people that have them on their rigs and never get questioned.

Can't say I agree with it

I dont either. [:/]

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com