funks

How am I suppose to get a GTI?

I went to the Bird-Man "closet" in DeLand and tried on their stock-built suits (Small, Med, Large, X-Large) and fit into a Large really good. So I bought it and jumped it at Skydive DeLand that day. "Instant Gratification"

Or, you could contact the others looking for a GTI, put in an order for 4 or more suits and get a discount. Call BM for details.

~
Fear is the thief of dreams...

I posted a want ad in the classifieds, just checked back there and now everyone is posting a want ad for a GTI!!>:(
reply]

I'm one of the guys looking for a GTI, so If you find one let me know ;)

Medusa

Get Killed or Die Trying!
Patent pending ATFK15456

All are really good points

But If i was you I would just buy a V1B|B|

Or the PF Tracking pants If you want to flock with some ClassicsB|:ph34r::ph34r:

Another case where I beg to ask "have you ever even touched or seen a real V1?"

A high-end wingsuit is an amazingly expensive purchase. I would hate to know that you guys are all spending money on something that you have never even seen, much less demo'd and flown. Oh yeah, I don't care what tracking attire you wear, you are not about to stay up with someone flying any wingsuit efficiently.

Or the PF Tracking pants If you want to flock with some ClassicsB|:ph34r::ph34r:

I don't care what tracking attire you wear, you are not about to stay up with someone flying any wingsuit efficiently.

A nitpick, but flocking is not flying efficiently. ;) I have heard firsthand (though I haven't experienced firsthand) that a Classic and PF tracking suit can flock without too much effort. Not sure if it's true or not, but I've heard it said...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Matt, just to quantify what you just wrote, I can tell you that I have flown (in my wingsuit) on a number of "regular" tracking dives. I had my hands behind my back and my feet on my ass, but I was able to stay with the group no problem in that configuration. I would not call that "flocking" in any of the common fashions, but I am sure there are some who would. The point is that anyone can "dumb down" a wingsuit to the point he or she can fly with people sporting less lift. The opposite cannot be said though; a guy in a freefly suit, or any other type of tracking attire is not going to be able to stay up with a person in a wingsuit flying normally and with any degree of proficiency. Do you follow me?

Chuck

Yeh, I get what you're saying Chuck and I expected a reply like that which is why I said the two could flock together "without too much effort". What I meant by that (though maybe didn't get across) was "without the WS flying too ridiculously dirty". Again, I'm basing this all on other people's reports, but Manbird made a post on here about getting a 105s (avg 69mph) jump in the tracksuit which a very nice forward speed. That is much more like a Classic than it is like a "normal" skydiving track, IMO. I talked to two somewhat-WS-newbies at Zhills (although they had some good experience with "normal" flocking that same week) who tried the whole tracksuit-wingsuit flock thing. I think it was Gunnar in his S-Fly and someone else (maybe Jonathan?) in the PF tracksuit, and their report, if I remember correctly was that the vertical speed was very easy to match, both were flying at a comfortable potential (i.e. not too dirty or maxed out), but the WS did have noticeable more forward drive.

So I guess there's a bit of subjectivity on how dirty you can fly and still be called flocking. I've had to fly my S3 pretty damn dirty on some legitimate WS flocks I've been on, based on my body type, capabilities, and fast fallrate of the flock.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I can flock with just about anything in my Classic2, from newb's going 99 mph in Classics to triple (!) rodeo dives to regular tracking dives no prob. Not much fun either as far as flying goes, but no prob...
Haven't tried any of this in my S3 yet, should be fun :S "how to fold up a wingsuit"...

If you can call any of that flocking...

ciel bleu,
Saskia

The newb's I've flown with go anywhere from 99 mph to <50 mph (!). Most do about 70 for a number of jumps. Which for me even in a Classic2 is already flying way dirty, and that is with the forward speed these newbies ARE getting compared to tracking clothes.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I had a guy with a PF suit at the Birdman Boogie and Skills Camp in Eloy. We decided to give it a go with a relatively new guy in a Classic as base for the flock and see if the PF suit could stay with the classic. There was just no comparrison, the PF suit was doing better than someone in a FF suit but he wasn't able to stay any where close with the classic. He was tracking like a MOFO and the suit looked like the stay puff man, but loosing more vertical than the classic was. The PF suit sank out pretty quick.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Most flocks I've been on have been in the low 70's (mph) range. I still think ManBird's claim of 69mph avg on the track suit is amazing. If the PF suit sank out on your flock fast, it must have been a pretty slow fallrate for the flock (relative to flocks I've been on) or the guy wasn't able to fly his suit as slow as MB claimed to. I do find it hard to believe a suit can do that, which is why the 69mph claim is so amazing to me. That fallrate would work for almost all the flocks I've been on... though I'm not sure about the forward drive.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

PF track pants & jacket can keep the average vertical speed around 55-70mph easily (when they are used by good tracker).
There are numerous jumps I saw that. However, there is all, (and always) about the skill and the body shape anyway.
One Question, how was the G.R. on that jump?!
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

PF track pants & jacket can keep the average vertical speed around 55-70mph easily (when they are used by good tracker). There are numerous jumps I saw.

I've made 3 demo jumps on the PF Tracking suit and I loved it. But I could only muster up low 80s mph vertical speeds (with my ProTrack in a less than optimal place, in my pant pockets). I thought I was doing reasonibly well in the suit and am likely going to place an order soon for my own suit. But dang, it sounds like I'm still 10-25 mph off the good vertical tracking pace? [:/]

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

…need to be said too.
To flock the PF P+J is far away from being easy. The jumpers with the same body size, weight and skill will face the situation were the classic will be slower in both direction if it will be driven 100% while the PF P+J will sink faster but the forward speed will be faster too on 100% trotle .
Again, all what is SIMILAR on PF and Classic is not the timing but it is the Glide Ratio guys…
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

Hi Robbi,
I consider the guy in the PF suit (a BRIT, can't remember his name at the moment) a pretty good pilot and is also a BASE guy(think you may know him,says he has jumped with you). I worked advanced flying with him and he did exceptionally well. So I considered it a fair pairing as the guy in the classic was on about his 4 or 5th jump in a classic. I don't have glide ratio data handy but I can say that the PF suit was moving out across the ground. No doubt in my mind it would of easily smoked someone in say a FF suit by miles. I would compare his vertical decent to someone doing a first flight. The sink seemed to be the biggest issue and I think it could legitimately be attributed to the pilot, as always, the pilot can be a huge variable.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I talked to two somewhat-WS-newbies at Zhills (although they had some good experience with "normal" flocking that same week) who tried the whole tracksuit-wingsuit flock thing. I think it was Gunnar in his S-Fly and someone else (maybe Jonathan?) in the PF tracksuit, and their report, if I remember correctly was that the vertical speed was very easy to match, both were flying at a comfortable potential (i.e. not too dirty or maxed out), but the WS did have noticeable more forward drive.

truth

gunnar and I try to stay together in freefall using the S-fly and I using the PF tracking suit, and we succed on the attempt we were able to be side by side flying.

after we land gunnar told me "it was prety hard to go up to you, but once I did I have to fold my legs and wait for you",
and remember I was max out
Medusa

Get Killed or Die Trying!
Patent pending ATFK15456