KrisFlyZ

4 mins or over.

So who has flights of over 4 mins. Please post the following info

Suit :
Exit Altitude :
Deployed Altitude :
Place :
Logged using: Neptune/Video/GPS
Flight Pattern: Straight line (or how may turns)

Deployed altitude is as what the Neptune has logged/parachute is open(if logged using video or GPS), not pitch altitude.

Kris.

Edited to add: FLight Pattern

Suit: S3
Alt: 14700
Dep: 3000
Time 245 sek, (4.05) avg speed at 12 and 9000 = 38 mph
Neptune
Pattern: really wide left turn, pushing it to the max all the time. I was soar when I landed. This was in Z-hills a month ago on a sunset load.

I don't know if I really belive it but the Neptune seems to be quite accurat, will post a photo of my Neptune later.

// F

Hey Fred, this is Matt... I jumped with you at Zhills.

We talked about this before, but I thought I'd let you know that since then I did the math... 11700ft/245sec actually equals out to about 32.6 mph... which is a lot slower than 38! :)

Send me a PM next time you're back in Florida. :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Fritte: please state your height and weight.
Just so you know: a neptune is an incredibly good piece of gear which I'd recommend to any birdman but it is so sensitive it can be fooled into recording inaccurate freefall times by the pressure drop caused by airflow buffeting in the door if you linger there. It thinks you've already exited and starts timing you while you're in the door eyeballing your spot. I've seen mine showing a high and unstable descent rate while still on jump run, starting the second someone opened the door and I've seen it switch from climb mode to freefall display mode long before I climbed out, presumably for the same reason. I'd suggest backing it up with a manual stopwatch and/or video just to be sure. I do.
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Hi Lurch

I agree it's maybe to good to be true. I am 190 cm, 84 kg (6"3, 185 pounds) I have about 400 jumps in that suit and I have never had any problems with my neptune before. I did not wait in the door, got out right after the tandems. Unfortunately I did not have a camera as I was jumping alone. Like I said in my post, I was really tierd in my arms. Worse than I have ever been after a 3 min+ flights from 13.500.

I will just have to do it again witha my camera to see if it's possible!!

// Fred;)