The111

245 sec from 14,500ft?!

No offense to my new friend from Sweden if he is reading this... just looking to see what other people think. :)

I met and jumped with a guy this weekend who showed me an amazing flight time on his Neptune. On one of his recent solos it logged 245 seconds from 14,500ft. He admitted it was possibly a bug, saying he usually got 180-200 seconds.

So... does anyone think this is humanly possible? I'm guessing he was slightly over 6', maybe 170lbs? I could be way off though. Suit was S3.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

This post by Manbird explains it.

According to that, the older versions of the neptune used to log the jump as soon as it sensed descent(or some similar algorithm). Now the neptune does not log a birdman jump until it senses a downward speed in excess of 38MPH(from my observations). Please check with your friend if he has the latest firmware for the Neptune.

Kris.

My neptune has been acting up on wingsuit jumps recently. My last jump I exited at -24,000 and pulled at 700 with a delay of 17 seconds and an average speed of -450mph ;)

I need to get the updates the next time i'm around a computer with an optical port.
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

I have the latest updates and it still acts up sometimes. Out of my last 10 jumps I pulled at 13000 once (0 second freefall) and at 8000 once (less than a minute of freefall which doesn't sound right even if I had pulled at 8).
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I have the latest updates and it still acts up sometimes. Out of my last 10 jumps I pulled at 13000 once (0 second freefall) and at 8000 once (less than a minute of freefall which doesn't sound right even if I had pulled at 8).

Let us not confuse the two issues here. Eric's issue is different.

The issues that you mentioned have happened to other wingsuit pilots and we can reason as to why they do.

IMO, It happens because the Neptune registered a very slow rate of fall for an extended period of time and thinks you have deployed. Have you not noticed the neptune go into canopy mode while flying your suit around?

Kris.

Yes, I know the issues are different. I'm just pointing out the Neptune still isn't perfect. My Pro-Track never pre-registers deployment.

And my Pro Track won't record anything over 1m59s

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

And my Pro Track won't record anything over 1m59s

no one's does. that's just how they're designed.

I know. Both Pro Track and Neptune have issues with BM jumps, apparently.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Some of the issues noted can be caused if you go to another DZ and don't recalibrate your Neptune and in some instances you do get one of those weird readings for no apparent reason. Pro -tracks are just as bad if not worse when it comes to giving false or erroneous readinings due to a myriad of things.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

>My Pro-Track never pre-registers deployment.

Mine shows me deploying at 11000 all the time. Some times about a 15-18 second reading from 12500, other times just shows opening with random times.

At least it still beeps.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com