namdrib

Post your personal best here!

Just thought I would start up an interesting thread to see some others personal best times for freefall. Personally, I almost beat my personal best last Sunday with 2 minutes, 42 seconds. My personal best is 2 minutes and 48 seconds. That was exiting a King Air from 13,500 and deploying at 3,500 feet with a Skyflyer. Would love to know the distance covered on that one.
Post away, my fellow flockers.
Unknowing attempting to take out all 4 wheeled vehicles remotely close to the landing area!

I have more weight on me than last year, but I had a few over 180s. The longest was 198s. Exit was a little over 14,000 and deployment was around or under 2,000'. Overall average was like 40 - 41 MPH (39 on top and 42 on the bottom). That's with the S3.

(Edited to remove the phrase, "in the basement", as 2,000 is pretty normal these days)
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

My best so far is 2 min 14secs from 13.9K to 3.3K(deployment complete) in my GTI(~25 jumps, total WS jumps ~85). This is not any better than what I was getting on a classic II.

My aim for the GTI is 2:30 for a drop of 10,500 ft. If I can do that consistently, I will start flying the S3.

I am doing tracking dives this weekend and getting coaching.

Kris.

Edited to add total WS jump numbers.

Overall average was like 40 - 41 MPH (39 on top and 42 on the bottom).

Wouldn't it be the other way around? I'm assuming the difference was based on the air density... but I guess it could have had to do with your endurance in which case it makes sense the way you said...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

When endurance isn't an issue (aka, when I'm flying a GTI), I usually do marginally better on the bottom half. Air density makes only a very slight difference. I feel it affecting my forward speed more than my fall rate. On that particular long flight, I was actually at like 46 for the last 1,000' with a nice burn in my arms.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

2:41, 13.5-3.0 grand 46 mph average, 135 lb male in a GTI. If I could get 15 grand and dump at 2 grand I think 3 minutes is doable....
Might want to post your weights along with wings and flight times and defining altitudes....would help others get an idea of what is possible for their weight and suit type...
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

I made my personal best last sunday. I was flying pretty straight and made a slow left turn. I really pushed it to be as long as possible.

I felt that it was a pretty long flight but was supriced when I checked my Neptue on the ground.

Exit 13.600, Deployment 2.800 Freefall 182 sek that is 3 minutes and 2 seconds.

I am 190 cm, 190 pounds, flying a S3 that i made about 200 jumps in.

Now you have something to beat!!

Oh man, you HAVE to be jumping a Pro-Track. I thought the same thing until I jumped the Neptune. Kept thinking to myself, "Why in the hell am I not doing any better?" But that is the reason, thought I really sucked there for a while.
As the other pointed out, time your video's or borrow a Neptune, you will be surprised. I was.
Unknowing attempting to take out all 4 wheeled vehicles remotely close to the landing area!

I think I will go ahead and add a couple more rounds in the pistol for that cool russian game!!!:$
I kinda suspected that, but he did a killer job at being serious with it, BRAVO!!!

2:57 with Classic II from 15k to 3k, time from video. Slowest speed sustained speed 42mph no neptune yet so dont know how long flight was for. Slowest ever 38 mph all with Skyflyer.

6ft 170lbs with 400 ws flights.
Exit weight 200lbs

Going for distance going for speed! They come together.
Dont just talk about it, Do it!

It may be that my first birdman jump ever is my best birdman jump (with a suit from BM) thus far.... A borrowed Classic 1 gave me a 50 mph average, with dips to 47 mph (pro-track readout).

So far, every other birdman suit has got me flying way faster forward, but ascending only up to 55 mph average. No idea why (on my own Classic2, a borrowed GTi, my own Skyflyer and a borrowed S3). Maybe I'm thinking too much now :S

I don't have the readouts anymore but with a MTR1 I did something like a 42 mph average. This is no fun however as I lack forward speed to jump with others... Still waiting to jump a MTR2 demo suit...

ciel bleu,
Saskia

seeing as we're talking numbers, I'm wondering how the delays you measure using a Protrack, a Neptune, a camcorder or any other device you use, compare...

I only have a Protrack and a camcorder (Sony PC105) and have seen by comparison that the Protrack measures a delay from exit to a good couple (maybe even 10) seconds after you've deployed and your canopy is fully inflated...

that said, my best by the PC105 so far is 148 sec from 13900 to 3500 with the Protrack claiming 45 mph average for the 119 seconds that it tracked
I'm hoping this will improve some when I've learned to fly the suit a bit better B|

S3 - 6'0" - 168lbs

soon to be gone