namdrib

Post your personal best here!

OLD Classic 1, I primarily just at a 182 DZ. 10 grand exit, 4.5 deployment, usually just a hair under or over 2 minutes. Not bad for 5500 feet of travel.

Most fun eye opener?

5,100 balloon, deployed around 2400, ~30sec +/- 5 or 10 seconds. (Outside video from basket, and he didn't keep me in frame at the end.)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Update:
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!
New personal best today in my GTI.
14.5 exit. (Thanks Dave!) 2.6 deploy. 2:58.52 flight time 46 mph average for most of it. One step closer to that zen state of perfect flight....
1.5 seconds shy of the 3 minute mark...
...And I got an insane glorious visual by getting Waaaaay the hell above the plane when the pilot dived off to the left after I got clear.
(lurch bounces off walls ecstatically, shoving fist in the air) YEAH!!!!!!
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

OLD Classic 1, I primarily just at a 182 DZ. 10 grand exit, 4.5 deployment, usually just a hair under or over 2 minutes. Not bad for 5500 feet of travel.

Not Bad!!!!!

That is an average of 31 MPH assuming exactly 2 mins. Easily the best average speed that I have heard of(let alone in a classic). Congrats!!

Kris.

Update: 51 mph average is my best so far.
Exit at 13300. Fully open canopy at 3300.

On one of my jumps this weekend, I exited the aircraft at 11200 but the neptune only recorded a jump from 6200 to 3200. I have the latest version of the software on the neptune. what is going on? Is this the shutdown that vectorboy was talking about in another thread?

Kris.

It only seems slow and impressive until you realize you are starting out with zero airspeed. I think the average was a bit higher, but I'll never know. The day before is when my Neptune 'walked away' on its own. [:/]

I DO love my Classic though!

I'm really torn, GTI or SF3 for the next one. I know all the arguements, it's just down to a personal decision right now.

EDIT: I thought you were replying to the balloon jump. As far as the 182 jumps, yep, it's usually right in that neighborhood (yea, I've got a fresh Neptune now too,same readings). :)
It's your life, live it!

On one of my jumps this weekend, I exited the aircraft at 11200 but the neptune only recorded a jump from 6200 to 3200

It can happen, I have found if you exit the altimeter mode and start dicking around with the menu while your climbing in the A/C it will give you a wierd reading like you encountered. Yesterday I was back flying from the exit with another and had mine read that I deployed at 8000 which is about where I rolled back over.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

6 feet tall, and I was only around 175 to 180 exit weight.

I quit smoking though, and now weigh quite a bit more.
That balloon jump was my last jump. I've got a new Racer on the way (if the hurricanes ever leave Florida alone), and I'm anxious to get back up there. My exit weight is going to be a bit over 200 now, though it's slightly better than it was recently (the Racer is quite a bit lighter than my Javelin J1 was).

All my times (except for the balloon) have been directly off my Neptune, so I guess I'm kinda anxious to try out the new one too.
It's your life, live it!

Did my "best" last Sunday...
2min 20 sec on a Classic II. Exited 13,700 and delpoyed at 3000. I'm about 5'8", 165 lbs. Nowhere close to all those S3 posts but hey...I was pumped!! (And I can't wait until my already ordered S3 comes in.)

Steve
"Maintain an even strain."

On Sunday I got 122 seconds on my old classic! Wahoo, 2 minutes in less than 10,000 ft.! Can't wait to get my GTI and see those near-3 minute flights y'all have.;)

5'-11", 185 exit weight, exit @ 13.6 k, deploy @4k, 10 wingsuit jumps, starting 2 weeks ago.

There won't be a major fall rate difference with the GTi. If you're getting 55 on the Classic, you might get into the high 40s/low 50s on the GTi. So maybe like an extra 20s at best. If you want to go for freefall times, look into the "big" suits: Skyflyer, Skyflyer 3, MTR2. The Phoenix Fly WS and the Sugar Glider are on the horizon, as well.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

6 feet tall, and I was only around 175 to 180 exit weight.

That's about 31mph, in a Classic. I hate to sound skeptical, but that sounds almost too good to be true. I know very skinny guys in S3's who can't come close to that. What is your technique?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Finally broke 119sec in my GTI. Did it twice in a row, probably just by a few seconds. Need a Neptune now! :)

Exit 13500, deploy around 4500 (seated at 4). Best avg = 53mph, but have averaged 51mph for half of dive so I know I can do better.

5'11", 155lb.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Howzit!!!

nothing compared to any of your times, but just did a jump from 10300' opening at 3500', 81 sec averaging 53mph. 6th jump on my GTi, 7th birdman jump. Can't wait for more alt at end of year boogie!!!

And my buddy Bruns did his first Birdman jump today and was pretty stoked to say the least. Pity I'm the only one here with a suit.

Cheers,
Courteney, Birdman of the Namib.
...drags me down like some sweet gravity!!!

New bests : On SF3, I will repeat what has been said before; The performance difference between the GTI and the SF3 is huge.

Longest flight : 3 Mins 16 secs from 15.2K to open canopy at 3.2k, 42 mph avg. at SDC when the temps were in the mid-low 40s on the ground. Thick air.

Slowest average : 38 mph(2 mins and 40 secs from 13.3K to open canopy at 4.5k). This was in Houston, Tx. Pretty thick air also.

These numbers were not reached by trying to slow fall. I am certain it was not best glide either.

Kris.

So far my personal best is 129sec.
Classic 1
14K-3.5K
5'7'' 135lbs

I'm thinking i could pick up a couple extra seconds if i wore a frappe hat instead of a topmount camera helmet. You can really feel the drag on that thing.
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

Looking through this thread it appears that the best flight is from a Classic One, averaging just 31 MPH, and with the pilot at 6 ft with an exit weight of 180lbs.

I suck. Maybe it's because our surface elevation is 5000 ft AMSL, but the best I've got is 111 seconds, exiting at 11 000ft and opening at 2000ft. That's an average of 55mph - and on an S3.

I did do a 236 sec (3 min 54 sec) from 20200 ft opening at 3000 ft in Eloy, but I don't think high altitude stuff counts in this thread..

I'm 5'11 and exit weight is 187lbs.

I seem to have the distance thing nailed and get very high ground speeds off GPS, but have never averaged under 55 mph, with a slowest ever of 49 mph.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Looking through this thread it appears that the best flight is from a Classic One, averaging just 31 MPH, and with the pilot at 6 ft with an exit weight of 180lbs.

I suck. Maybe it's because our surface elevation is 5000 ft AMSL, but the best I've got is 111 seconds, exiting at 11 000ft and opening at 2000ft. That's an average of 55mph - and on an S3.

I did do a 236 sec (3 min 54 sec) from 20200 ft opening at 3000 ft in Eloy, but I don't think high altitude stuff counts in this thread..

I'm 5'11 and exit weight is 187lbs.

I seem to have the distance thing nailed and get very high ground speeds off GPS, but have never averaged under 55 mph, with a slowest ever of 49 mph.

t

High altitude hurts your time but helps your horizontal speed - prolly accounts for both your observations.

I've gone over 2:00 from 13.5k in a loaner Classic II, pulling at 4.5 (not sure how much over, 'cos I was using a Pro-Track). I'm a newbie, only just got my own suit and haven't jumped it yet on account of weather.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

it is VERY possible. There was a guy named Bobby at raeford that got over 3 min of freefall time on a classic from 12.5 or 13.5. Search the threads and you will see. Maybe Chucky will chime in here anytime now...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...