goneswoopen

Anybody have any melfunctions lately

I've been flying wingsuites for about 2 years and have proberly 150 flights, most of them on my xaos 27 .Sofar me and my friends have good deployments with at most a linetwist . I'm yet to see or meet or speak to anybody that's had a function. Can anybody share their experience they had?
\
All wings are safe - until their given to pilots

check out my video on the skydiving video sever. I was on my SF3 and had a bunch of line twists on a cobalt 105. I tried to kick out of it, but to no avail, I cut away and deployed my reserve (firelight 172?) and had even more linetwists on it. I think that was due to not so optimal body position.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Can't help - just cannot seem to organise a malfunction.

My last was in 1982 at around jump number 1000. Before that was 1978, probably had 300 to 400 jumps total at that time.

Have been flyimg wingsuit now for around 150 flights and have had a single twist twice.

So what am I doing wrong? Why can't I get me fair share of malfunctions? I've owned 6 or 7 rservers over the last 30 years and have only deployed 2 of them - and that's only one time on each.

Maybe I should start packing my main neatly and per the manuals .... that's sure to cause a malfunction.

Blue Skies,

fergs

I know very few people who haven't taken a reserve ride in a wingsuit. Generally they happen due to irrecoverable linetwists under small, potentially-spinny mains. I chopped twice under a Cobalt 75 (two years ago), Jari has chopped a Velo 75, MonkeyLip has chopped his Cobalt at least three times, etc, etc, etc.

Lately? No not really.. i have 3 total, 2 on a wingsuit and all within one month of each other.

1 of the 2 on the wingsuits was a pilot chute in tow due to a misrouted bridle being missed on a gear check, the other was a spinner due to improper bag orientation ( trying to HELP with line twists by trying something different, and it didn't work )

Ended up getting my rig modded to solve the line twists issues.

Kevin

about 70 WS jumps and no reserve chops yet though I have had an rough opening with a couple of line twists throw me into a spiraling tailspin which popped a brake toggle.

However as I generally dump at 4500 and have my arms unzipped before the canopy is fully inflated, it was just a matter of stopping the spin with the rear riser and then giving the risers a good shove to spin out the twists while I went back into a diving spin - kinda gyroscopic spinning on 2 axis. When twist were undone re-grab riser and pop other toggle.

Its a fun ride but you do need some altitude to do it:o

P.t.L

No, Not without incident

I've had three terminal reserve rides in a wingsuit. PC in tow (burble + tight pack job), impossipull on my BASE PC pouch (which I pack meticulously now), and a bizarre entanglement hop + pop thing. No actual canopy malfunctions with a wingsuit. 450 flights on three different canopies -- Sabre 120 (x200), Crossfire2 130 (x30), and Sabre2 107 (x220). Once I have a canopy over my head, I'm good to go. ;)

The only canopy malfunction I ever had was at 38 jumps on a rental Spectre 150 -- spinning line twists.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

I cut away and deployed my reserve (firelight 172?) and had even more linetwists on it.

What you don't go back into birdy flight for a few seconds after you cut away?

I've got two reserve rides in WS. 1 impropper installation of the base shrivel flap and bridle ( total )
2 A canopy spin up and dive out.

Under a good reserve by 2700' in both cases. Both preventable but it was better to cut and run with my gained knowledge and apply it on the next flights than to fight a nasty situation IMO.

Thanks to everyone that posted.
It seems to me that you dont realy have more or less of a chance of a mel :)What is the general consensus on " going back into birdie flight for a few seconds " personaly I think its a great idea if I'm higher than 1500'
All wings are safe - until their given to pilots