rogue108

Scary wants to flock and do demos @ the Ranch July 9-11

Perry,
Want me to let everyone know that he will continue to stay @ the Ranch this entire week from the 6th thru the 11. However, this last weekend very few people came out to flock or do demo as planned.

So he want to get a flock together and do some dives. For those who don't know Scary Perry, he is a BMI and has demo suits with him @ the Ranch. So those of you that haven't tried it come on out and give it a shot. Contact the DZ for more information and/or ask for Perry.

For those of you who just want to flock, show the hell up. He wants to organize some good flocks of various skill levels and size . The biggest we had was 8 on Saturday sunset, which resulted in a DV camera casuality [Perry's :( ] So all those who fly come out so we can put some fun dives together. Oh bring a DV Camera so we can capture it...

Get the Flock one

www.scaryperry.com (He is away from internet access right now).

Let me correct the last post...The only flock was the sunset 8 way which cost Perry his DV camera. Other than that all that was done were two ways w/ Perry and solos. So any wingsuit jumpers that want to show up, please do. Perry would like to organize flocks of various sizes and experience levels. He also has demo suits available for those don't have one.

C-Ya

Thats not true.. I did a 3 way with Perry also at one point. And that sunset was well beyond sunset and just about a night jump. When the Otter is picking you up on the ground with its lights on... you know its going to be dark.

I was still able to get a line going with me, Kimmie and I think Pete. That jump was a cluster that once I steped out and started flying I wished I was back in the plane for.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I apologize...I must have missed a couple of jumps on Saturday. That last jump on Saturday was beyond dark. A couple of people mentioned that they would have prefered staying in the plane, since it was so dark. I didn't realize jumpers were still up there until I noticed people were missing. The following day, Sunday was pretty slow and on Monday it was just Maggot and I.

Anyway, Perry mentioned today that he really wants to just fly this weekend. So all wingsuit flyers who want to fly show up tomorrow or this weekend.

Peace out

I was there again this weekend to hook up with Scary P.

He put quite a few new birds in the air at the weekend and when he was'nt doing that I was jumping with him, usually in 3 ways.

This dude is an awesome flyer on his back, able to launch from the plane that way and fly right up underneath you in flight.

He got some great photos, though the best cloud formation we 'skimmed, where both our shadows were on this valley in the clouds, turned out the camera had switched off on jump run.

Anyhow heres a few shots, there were others in the air, its just I happened to bring a few of me in this morning.

P.t.L

P.S. I did 3 and 4 ways with Perry the previous weekend.

No, Not without incident

Very Nice!!

Looks like you are jumping from a King Air. How do you get multiple people exiting ? I have been struggling to get close on exits...

Simon

No, its from an otter, for up to 3/4 people, its pretty easy for everyone to take float positions outside the plane at the door.
You want the forward person peeling off a small bit ahead of the person behind him so you dont catch burble.
The thing to realise is that the front person will be behind and lower than the last person.

When doing the 8 way. four of us were inside tight up against the outside 4 floaters and launched with them.

No, Not without incident

No, its from an otter, for up to 3/4 people, its pretty easy for everyone to take float positions outside the plane at the door.

Thanks. Do you put guys outside the plane floating like an RW exit ?

I havnt tried this before, but assume you must keep wings tightly tucked in. I cant visualise it since I havnt jumped an Otter, are they able to hold onto the outside handle and not have the wings catch air ?

Maybe put another way, how would you do optimal flock exits from a King Air ?

Simon

Yeah.. and #8 out the door was glad he had an S3 to catch your asses ;) I ended up exiting lined up with the benches and was a full 3 steps behind the flock at exit :$. Thankfully Perry reminded me before the jump that I've got the speed to catch you in a dive.

Last out on big ways might mean you want to fly a diving circle around to catch up to the flock from behind. The dive will give you massive amounts of speed to work with so as long as you don't go low you are set. Apply the breaks as you come up behind the flock to keep from out running them.

Don't do what I did the first flight at the Ranch and come out in a ball in hopes of falling to level with the flock and having them catch up to you horizontally :$ I was 50 feet low and strugging to get back up from a lack of speed.
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com

Last out on big ways might mean you want to fly a diving circle around to catch up to the flock from behind.

Yea, I was listening to Perry say this and it intrigued me. Its something I'd like to try and see how well it works.

I also ended up high on the 8 way as I was right on your ass out the door but elected to fly dirty with very little wing showing to the wind to get down to the main group

And SimonM - yes we put people out floating like RW-ers. Outside ,Its not hard as long as the wings are kept closed.

No, Not without incident

I also ended up high on the 8 way as I was right on your ass out the door but elected to fly dirty with very little wing showing to the wind to get down to the main group

I saw you up there :P I decided to do the circle and was down beside Kimmie and ??? in no time at all. There was mass confusion out the door, but the diving circle worked quite well. I actually had to dig hard on the wingtips and with the legs to avoid overshooting the group. :$

Try it on a 2 way. Have one person go out then wait for a full 2 seconds and then exit. The diving circle will build massive speed if you have the base in normal speed mode and you can catch them before the first 1000 feet have gone by.

BTW, tell Kim that I was'nt flashing her a peace sign, I was telling her legs out :P Specifically she needed to spread the knees, the tail was flapping a lot. I forgot to do that before the fireworks started.
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com

BTW, tell Kim that I was'nt flashing her a peace sign, I was telling her legs out

LMAO, I'll tell her though It wont have been the first time she's heard it - esp from the boyfriend, same for the tail flapping:D

Talking of hand signals, I was trying a few of my own with Scary P ( see photo ) his face was priceless as he was'nt used to some of the Ranch signals

No, Not without incident