KrisFlyZ

BM Pics

Hmmm I'm no BMI but it looks like your flying needs some work? You're not dearched, your toes should be pointed, your legs should be straight and pushing down, shoulders rolled forward, your elbows not bend like that, your hands more in line with your body...
I know that flying relative to somebody else doesn't help (at least I usually find myself trying to compensate instead of FLYING), but still...

ciel bleu,
Saskia

And how good were you on your third jump? :P

Nice one Kris, welcome to the flock!

Gus

Thanks Gus.

Saskia,

I expected that someone would say how bad my body position was on that jump. The reason is.........

I had to fly like that to stay with the camera guy. He was heavier and shorter than me not to mention about 15 lbs of helmet/cameras on his head. He was flying a GTI.

I had to fly below him so that it would be easy for him to get pics and video. If I get my legs all the way out....I would be an orange spec in the pics, being tall and skinny I get a lot of forward drive. You can tell from the video. I will post that shortly.

Kris.

Well not that bad actually, same as my first and second jumps: 50 mph for most of the jump :P

50 mph is cool for a first jump Saskia...
But do keep in mind that most people don't weigh 20 kg like you do hehehe :PB|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

And how good were you on your third jump? :P

Nice one Kris, welcome to the flock!

Gus

Thanks Gus.

Saskia,

I expected that someone would say how bad my body position was on that jump. The reason is.........

I had to fly like that to stay with the camera guy. He was heavier and shorter than me not to mention about 15 lbs of helmet/cameras on his head. He was flying a GTI.

I had to fly below him so that it would be easy for him to get pics and video. If I get my legs all the way out....I would be an orange spec in the pics, being tall and skinny I get a lot of forward drive. You can tell from the video. I will post that shortly.

Kris.

I can confirm this, having jumped with the same camera guy, except I was the spec in the picture.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The body position isn't all that bad, really. But I've seen that arm position somewhere before .. on a 2000 jump wonder just starting Birdman that got unrelaxed flying formation, and went back to his basic position - boxman. Flying anvil. ;)

Looks like you can't point your toes more really because the booties aren't any longer; there's nothing wrong with a slight dearch (or a even a whole lot sometimes) to increase fallrate and keep up with the big heavy guys, the scenery is also nice BTW, and the smile says enough, doesn't it?

Formation flying is different from being the speck in the video, indeed. :P
Johan.
I am. I think.

The body position isn't all that bad, really. But I've seen that arm position somewhere before .. on a 2000 jump wonder just starting Birdman that got unrelaxed flying formation, and went back to his basic position - boxman. Flying anvil. ;)

Looks like you can't point your toes more really because the booties aren't any longer; there's nothing wrong with a slight dearch (or a even a whole lot sometimes) to increase fallrate and keep up with the big heavy guys, the scenery is also nice BTW, and the smile says enough, doesn't it?

Formation flying is different from being the speck in the video, indeed. :P

Replied to wrong person - the pic is Kriz.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.