Billy

"Birdman" visits our DZ

It's Sunday morning and it's raining:S
But I managed 2 jumps with Steve "Birdman" yesterday:ph34r:
I was shaking after both of them! I watched the plane move away and finally turned left like I was supposed too... Steve was off to my left like cmon lets go! Then turned left onto my base leg and,, well it was bitchin,, Sun was behind us as we skimmed the tops of some clouds, I was screamin like a lil kid, and forgot all about practicing opening till I looked at Steve and he gave me some signal,, finally opened a lil low at 4k nice and soft, no twists and again screamin like a baby,, it was just friggin cooool....
Steve wasn't wearing his camera, I think he pawned it to pay the cops after he got stopped hauling ass thru Spokane, I didn't realize Spokane was between Portland and the DZ but hey;)
If anyone has a nice pict of there shadow in a cloud I would love to see it, that was an image burned into my head but I can't put on the wall....
Billy has joined the flock B|

Natural Born FlyerZ.com

Whoops
My Bad,, It was "ManBird " not Birdman that came and jumped with us over Memorial Day,,, Sorry 'bout that Steve, my lesdyxia again.. an I hear Rex & Jim are gonna order a suit soon,, cool, that'll be 3 there that I will fit into
B

Natural Born FlyerZ.com

I had a really great time. Great people and a gorgeous DZ. I love the grassy hills. I hate the cops.

Five new birds: James, Leslie, Billy, Rex, and Jim all did their first flights and generous amounts of fun were had by all.

There were several highlights over the weekend. The first that comes to mind was flying way the hell out with Rex, buzzing him under canopy, and then swooping out in the grassy hills. There was some great cloudplay. There are some big, fluffy ones up there in Davenport (I am talking about clouds). Billy went big and completely outtracked a big mother. Staying under 40MPH after breakoff on every single jump was good, too. ;)

The best was seeing how well people were doing right away. Very little input from me was needed once we were in the air. I don't think I gave James a single hand signal, and I didn't need to. That was sort of the theme across the board. I think West Plains has a great flock in the future.

The only downside to the whole weekend was that we didn't have more suits! The speeding ticket wasn't too bad. I'm glad I didn't get caught when I was seeing if I could break 120 MPH (mission accomplished... several times).

It's a big trip, but I really liked the DZ, and could see myself returning when you get the Caravan again.

BTW, in case anyone missed it, the 182 will probably be the better plane for launching multiple wingsuits (from the strut). You can do launch two from the Gonzo, but anyone launching from inside might get hosed a bit on exit.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

Our next Caravan Boogie is scheduled for Oct. 2nd & 3rd,, hopefully we'll have suits on site by then, and dang, I may just break down and get my own,, we shoulda taken them measurements!
You get home ok? :P

Thanks again Amigo!

Natural Born FlyerZ.com

Yeah. I drove the speed limit and the trip seemed to go by even faster than going up there. Only stopped once. You should all get suits. I'd love to see you guys try to get a five way out of that 207. B|
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click