bertthebaron

Birdman Video, way cool

I saw that video where the birdman "Robert" was flying off the cliff with a smoke can on his ankle and all I could say was "HOLY CRAP" !!! He looked as if he had a rocket pushing him. That was the best video I've ever seen in my life about parachuting. Even my kids wanted to watch it over and over again. I saved it as a favorite. Freakin good work people, I never knew such a thing was possible. I now think a suit could be landed on water with a belly-mount solid sponson, like a boat. Landing like a duck does. But I won't be the first to try it! Thanx Birdpeople, you made my day.:D:D:D

.......skies.......

I now think a suit could be landed on water with a belly-mount solid sponson, like a boat. Landing like a duck does

If your vertical speed is 40 mph then you still smack the water at 40 mph.....vertical. Not to mention that you have say 90 mph of horizontal speed to deal with. Gotta be one tough duck. The way to land on a horizontal surface is to flare, just like airplanes and ducks. Good luck flaring a wingsuit. On the other hand landing on a steep slope (think snow) helps eliminate vertical impact and at the same time reduces the need for great horizontal speed. I just want to watch though.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

Good luck flaring a wingsuit.

You can flare a wingsuit to a degree. I wouldn't want to do it into the ground, but the reduction in overall velocity is VERY noticeable when you go from "--" to ",-".
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

Hello, I call it a swoop from fully flexed -100% body and suit performance in a flight mode / Colapse the wings to up to about 80% vertical for five sec. for example and flex to orignal body flex. Even with 120lbs. person and does a "perfect" swooop in the S3-BIRDMAN not able to suvive landing on the ground.