Bowie

LOW pull in slovenia

Everyone talking about landing a wingsuit should look at his descent rate as he gets close to the ground. Forget about survivable, that's not even an open casket funeral.

Back atcha bodypilot90 http://www.lindqvist.com/index.php?ID=328

I think you're all missing a very important point. Wingsuit flying isn't the same as freefall, where one is falling to earth at 120mph. Falling at 35mph, one has much more time before they're considered 'low' and much more time to react. If someone pulled at 100ft in freefall...now that would be a low pull.

"Into the dangerous world I leapt..." William Blake, Songs of Experience

I think you're all missing a very important point. Wingsuit flying isn't the same as freefall, where one is falling to earth at 120mph. Falling at 35mph, one has much more time before they're considered 'low' and much more time to react. If someone pulled at 100ft in freefall...now that would be a low pull.

You certainly have a point there. He had, I assume, at least five seconds before impact on every single jump (although it might have been as much as eight on a few). Hell, it was almost enough for him to unzip his wings after deployment. Add to that the fact that he had a base canopy and it becomes clear it was no big deal at all.
It all becomes clear now- Robert is just a big wuss hoping to impress the whuffos and unknowing skydivers.:P

The footage of 25-45 ft openings off 1000ft+ objects show a lot less than 5 seconds under canopy!

Eg 2.5 secs....enough time to flare, not enough time to unzip:S

However skylark is right, not to mention your deployment is behind you. Between this and low vertical speed, you usually chew up less height on deployment.
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

Everyone talking about landing a wingsuit should look at his descent rate as he gets close to the ground. Forget about survivable, that's not even an open casket funeral.

Back atcha bodypilot90 http://www.lindqvist.com/index.php?ID=328

....read earlier posts...Denis is alive and organising kick-a** events in Russia; I wouldn't dismiss it that simply...

(If anyone is feeling the desire for an argument in semantics, no canopy inflated, onto earth, is damn near close enough in my book:S)

Years back Jari was getting a descent rate around 30 mph, Jim 28 mph, not sure on anyone else [sorry if you've blitzed this already!]. ie A few years ago and on old suits they were getting mighty low descent speeds, so heck only knows what's getting pulled off these days....never say never.....:P
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

Hey, Good to hear from you . Thanks, I am day/ day when it comes to skydiving. I will be in Rantoul this year. I have made about 23 jumps since my bone marrow transplant 3/11/04. I made a jump with some guy with 15 birdman jumps. I made some errors. Bottom line he lands on D.Z. I land off and PLF on some road. Ouch road rash but healed already. It is a longer story but my healing was a good indicator of how my immune system doing so well. Anyway, good to hear from you hope you will be in Rantoul, but maybe I could come to Deland for some fun let me know if you have anything going on this summer, Z-hills is cool as well. Your Friend Cancer Chris

Suit looks like a Matter2 (maybe 3)

I'll ask Anthony if he could get Gino to give a short desciption of what went wrong.
But it looks like he can't locate his pilot, and he looks down (a bit to much) which cause a frontloop. During which he luckely locates his pilot and pulls.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

in reply 2"I thought low pulls while skydiving went out of fashion in the 80s. '

It seems that inappropriate hero worshipping is alive and well.

you don't study history you get to repeat it etc etc...... ask an ol' timer about the ' Herd boogies" if you want to find out what happens to go lowers going low.
If there wasn't at least one fatality in those comps then it wasn't a go low comp just some out of it trying to show off. The only way to get a real reaction out of the crowd was to bounce.B|

low pulls???? ...yawn ..boring and dead-ended. You seen one you've seen em all.

If low pullers where on the highway they'd wanna play chicken with every semi that went past.;) so....DON"T LET THEM DRIVE>
:)