piisfish

Soul Flyer news

sorry, the text is in french ,but the pictures are quite easy to understand...
www.para-mag.com
and visit the section called : Mag (at the bottom, slightly on the left) and inside this mag section, read (or look) sommaire du mois and l'article du mois...
I got the paper version just in front of me... If anybody wants explanations (of parts...) don't hesitate.
oh, and apparently you can download .pdf versions of the articles.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Those lucky bastards get to use BASE gear from a plane (in the Swiss Alps). Very nice pics. I hear Ueli's named mentioned along with Sascha and Felix all the time. I'm hoping this doesn't mean that Ueli one of those pompous chunk-necked blockfuckers. Wouldn't think so if he's aligned with the FlyYourBody crew.

It looks like Loic is sponsored by Red Bull now?
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

get to use BASE gear from a plane (in the Swiss Alps)

and taking off from Austria... And why not use BASE gear, it's written Consolidated on the rig, so it should be good enough, no ?? :P:)

Ueli one of those pompous chunk-necked blockfuckers

??? don't understand what you mean ??

It looks like Loic is sponsored by Red Bull now?

Yeah, as a last minute info in the mag, it's written that Loic has integrated the Red Bull Acro-Team. But he is not on the pictures of the article. It's Ueli... But guess who took the pics :)B|

Oh, I just mean that Felix and Sascha really come across as glory-seekers. Ueli's name usually gets mentioned along with Felix and and Sascha, and I was hoping he doesn't have that same attitude.

Click

well, they are the Red Bull Acro-Team... Always there for the impressive sh*t... Gives a certain image to the public... that our sport is really extreme :S, really cool B|, very risky B| and that belly flyers are pussies :):P:P:P

belly fliers are pussies? naw.. i am a bird man... i love to fly on my belly, though i a know from time to time to persuse around on my back....
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

as you question base gear in aircraft,think onwhat I just ordered and tell me if I have not lost my mind.I weight about 138#,so add a vector 3 platform for rig,removing the corners for wingsuit, 176 reserve,want to be able to fly backward if need be,.Sky hook,.I am putting a Troll 180 in it,leaving the mesh slider on,and putting a sleeve on it to keep it neat when closed. NOW,With those factors in volved,we have a rig that is LEGAL to take on airplanes,skyhook should work from about 250ft, lets fly a little lower!!! Has anyone ever gone to jail for pulling low? think of the PHAT air we all miss when not on a object!!!!! Perry
Only he can be happy,who can make his the present hour,for today he has lived

nah,went with dacron,little more pack volume but should take the "sting" out of a fast one.plan to hold slider up in c lines with rubber band, or have fine mesh slider if opening is too dymanic.been playing with smoke on both feet and taken it down to 1500 ft.low as I want to go with racer and Sabre 2 .keeps dzo off my back and just feel for now its low enough for regular gear

isn't it legal to have a BASE canopy in a skydiving rig ?? I thought it was ..

Uh definately not. Have legally jumped my base canopy numerous times out of a otter in a skydiving rig.

I think it depends on where you are. You guys are in different countries, with different governing bodies and different rules.

In some countries, mains need to be approved as well.

I don't know the rules for Switzerland. In the US, mains don't require approval, so you can use BASE canopies (or freakin' bedsheets, if you wanted to :D).
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

its legal to jump anything you want for a main,what I am after is hybred base rig that is TSO ed.shyhook will allow faster reserve deployment and the only base rig I know of with reserve has reserve pilot chute pulled from shoulder area, kinda hard to get at with wings on and pull below 1000ft!! Dont freak on me here,proper training,base experiance, and the proper mind set will make this safe action,so dont try this at home without proper skills and training. Plan to start pull about 800ft to start, high for base, dzo will hate the thought,but???

I don't know the rules for Switzerland. In the US, main's don't require approval, so you can use BASE canopies

that's what I thought...
I don't know exactly the rules in Switz either, but if you're skydiving you should be deployed (or you canopy rather) at 800m...

Nice, Perry. We were just discussing this over the weekend. Even use my skydiving main to start. Just free pack it. Hold the slider up with a rubber band. I have a 32" F111 PC, 10' bridle with the PC pouch's shrivel flap attached. Our DZO would have a shitfit if I dumped under 2,000, but the idea is practice uberfast deployments.

Do you have plans to ever BASE that setup, or just use it for skydiving? I doubt one would ever need to cutaway a BASE canopy, but I could see wanting a reserve in a PC in tow or "impossipull" situation.

Click

you got it, I prefer to use pc stowed,but you are set up!!! IF you dont jump at uspa dz, anything goes,in my eyes anyway,as wingsuit flyers prepare to base,this will be transition rig for aircraft as the visual of ground rush makes many scared,and scared is not FOCASED!!!!!!500 ft is 500 ft,airplane or bigwall,it makes no difference,ground rush is ground rush.this will let us in airplane and remove liability from pilot because of reserve,and again,this is not for average jumpers

its legal to jump anything you want for a main,what I am after is hybred base rig that is TSO ed.shyhook will allow faster reserve deployment and the only base rig I know of with reserve has reserve pilot chute pulled from shoulder area, kinda hard to get at with wings on and pull below 1000ft!! Dont freak on me here,proper training,base experiance, and the proper mind set will make this safe action,so dont try this at home without proper skills and training. Plan to start pull about 800ft to start, high for base, dzo will hate the thought,but???

Did I just read you say that pulling on a BM jump below 1k AGL will be safe under some set of circumstances?

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

...500 ft is 500 ft,airplane or bigwall,it makes no difference,ground rush is ground rush.this will let us in airplane and remove liability from pilot because of reserve...

Just asking: will you be telling the pilot that you plan to pull at 500 ft using a BASE main in a legal, TSOed rig?

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

As I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong), if he leaves the plane in a legal configuration with no plans to be in freefall over a crowd, then no laws are broken. Therefore the pilot doesn't get in trouble. As far as BSRs, the DZO, and S&TA goes... that's a different story. I wouldn't do it here, but a more "test jumper" friendly DZ (aka, one seated next to tons of manufacturers) might find this too be a little less abnormal.

Click

before I get hung out to dry, I have access to planes and we have been known to have landing ares away from normal dz. where I jump in fl,they watch me like a hawk, yes been in trouble for pulling low, but pay the tach time and some owner/pilots will drop us wherever we need.As many have seen,if we dont push the limets, we dont go forward.Its how hard we push the envelope that dictates reckless acts or well planned,safe set of varieables.the reserve on this rig is just a saftey,legal issue as far as FAA is conserned.must have 2 parachutes and one must be packed by rigger to jump from plane, and IF it goes bad,pilot doesnt hang

As I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong), if he leaves the plane in a legal configuration with no plans to be in freefall over a crowd, then no laws are broken. Therefore the pilot doesn't get in trouble. As far as BSRs, the DZO, and S&TA goes... that's a different story. I wouldn't do it here, but a more "test jumper" friendly DZ (aka, one seated next to tons of manufacturers) might find this too be a little less abnormal.

I just think the pilot might like to know if he's being asked to drop someone he considers risky. While no laws may get broken, it may still reflect poorly on the pilot, or the pilot might feel some responsibility, if the jumper went in. It's obviously not my place to say "dude, doing a wingsuit jump down to 500 feet is going to kill you!", but maybe I can say "just let the pilot know what you're attempting so he can have a say." The way I see it, it's the pilot's plane, and if a jumper doesn't get along with the pilot he can find another pilot or go jump off a rock.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

my friend,you are new to this sport,and you have much to learn, in experiance, thrue time, jumps to make,I have done about1000 wingsuit jumps in last year and a half,I have flown my suit off a rock,dont be so quik to judge what you have no clue about,from 13500 feet i average 2 minutes 20 seconds,Pulling at 2500 ft. I do not recomend my actions to any but by experiance, I have taught more first jump wingsuit pilots to fly than you have jumps, so relax,drink some beer at the fire,learn all you can from others, go to my website and click on videos, mabe than you will see what makes me smile www.scaryperry.com