skydivingdutch

What kind of jump suit should I get?

Hello,

I am a real floater, I like freeflying, but I also want to work on RW, since my last 4-way kinda went to shit. (I stayed relative, but I had trouble getting into the round)
Anyway, I ws looking at Kurupee suits, since they look nice and are affordable (guy at my DZ has one, its nice).
But Im worried about it being to big/baggy. I think what I need is a good reasonably tight fitting RW suit, or if Kurupee or another company have a not-so-loose freefly suit, that would work too i suppose.
Recently I have been jumping in just street clothes, which is annoying for going into sits, and my shirt likes to go up over my face.
Anyways, what kind of jumpsuit would be good for me? I like Kurupee's price of $150, but i doubt that goes for RW suits.

http://dropman.com

I went for a Tony Pit Suit and it came out better than i expected. Of course it was almost $400 after all the options i wanted but the suit rocks and the people there are really cool. I am a floater also, im 6"3 and i weigh about 180 out the door. how much do u weigh?? As far as RW and freeflying, don't just switch to freeflying because you messed up a 4-way. you should become somewhat proficient with RW before freeflying, mainly because a lot of the techniques used in freeflying are related to basic things you do with RW. good luck with the jumpsuit.

.-.

fair enough, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a point.

Unless you're an advanced canopy pilot (by the current uspa recomendations in the 2004 SIMS), you have no business being under that canopy. Period.

To keep this thread clean, PM me if you want to respond.

Blue skies
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

I have a Kurupee freefly suit. I bought it because I was cheap (it was $119 at the time). It came out pretty cool, but it it had a big, ugly Kurupee patch on the leg. Thankfully, that came off cleanly with a razor and now the suit looks great. The stitching has come out a little in places because of the velcro on the cuffs. All in all, though, it was worth the money.

That said, I realized this weekend that it wasn't working out. I'm a low-time jumper with a rig closed by velcro, and I really have no business doing freeflying just yet. I thought I should get a RW suit just so I didn't look silly constantly wearing a FF suit for belly-flying. I didn't realize how much difference a RW suit would make.

I went into the gear store thinking I would order a custom RW suit. However, there was a brand-new Tony swoop suit in my size and colors on the rack. Seems someone had ordered it and then decided to get something else. It had cordura-reinforcement and big booties. It was perfect.

The suit makes a huge impact. According to my pro-track, I'm falling a bit faster than in my FF suit. In addition, I can track faster than before. I have to bring my legs back a bit just so I fall straight down. The booties give my legs a lot more authority for turning. I'm still getting used to it. Basically, if you're going to be on your belly, get a RW suit with booties. My FF suit will go into the closet for a while.

Ive found kurupee great for FF - but you really nead a RW suit if you want to do RW. Kurupee dont make RW suits. (I like the leg patch on the kurupee suit - its a pic of a bloke with a massive schlong in FF with his dick trailing behind him - generates conversation).

GET an RW suit if you want to belly fly. Its the only way to fly it properly especially for learning.