crawford

Extreme Tribes On Discovery Channel!

Anyone else see all the "Wing Suitted Skydiver" footage on Discovery Channel last night? Had some really cool footage. There was just one thing, They said that some other dude was the "Best in the World" in wingsuit flying, I thought that was Chuck??? Who Knew??? HA HA

"Sure, those Golf Carts may look all warm and fuzzy, but they WILL take a chunk out of your ass!"

They said that some other dude was the "Best in the World" in wingsuit flying, I thought that was Chuck???

Well it sure wasn't anyone on that show, that's for sure. Actually, Chuck, myself and Jari are the best in the world ;)but hey, it sounds good for TV and whuffos and that's who that show was aimed at.

Edit: But Dave did use a Racer on his jumps so he can't be all that bad:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Well, I wouldn't go so far as best in the world. But, Dave was the very first person I ever saw fly a wingsuit (about a minute before Jeb and Yuri launched from the same exit). I think that was in 99 or 2000.

And I think I would say that he's one of the best BASE jumpers in the world. He had been to most of the current hot spots years (like a number of years in the double digits) before they were "discovered" by Red Bull and Television. And I know he's been to several places that are still on my (and everyone elses) to do list--and pretty much not discovered by the world BASE community yet. And he did do that one the Red Bull guys got all that TV time for, up in the arctic, about three years before they did--and with an ice axe strapped to his leg, becauses he manned up and climbed the thing, instead of riding a helicopter.

He's also incredibly down to earth, unpretentious, and humble. And I believe he's the current world record holder for most jumps in a particularly hot national park--which many also consider the birthplace of BASE.

So, no, I don't think he's the best wingsuit pilot in the world. But I'm honored that I've been able to share jumps with him.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Nice. I saw the footage sort of by accident, flipping through the channels. No, the flocking was not technical at all, but it was beautiful. There was quite a mix of suits there, so it's good that they got the formation together and flying (sort of) cleanly. Little girls with S-3's mixed with at least one bigger guy in an old Crossbow. Other than the cold, they looked like they had a blast in NZ. Wish I could convince someone to sponsore ME on an around the world tour. Very, very nice.

Chuck

He's also incredibly down to earth, unpretentious, and humble. And I believe he's the current world record holder for most jumps in a particularly hot national park--which many also consider the birthplace of BASE.

So, no, I don't think he's the best wingsuit pilot in the world. But I'm honored that I've been able to share jumps with him.

Sorry man, didn't mean to imply that he sucked or anything!!! Was merely making a joke! Peace, man, Peace!!!! HA HA

"Sure, those Golf Carts may look all warm and fuzzy, but they WILL take a chunk out of your ass!"

thanks for acknowlegding me.... I'd rather be the quite one that takes you by surprise

EASY!, Don't make me kick you in your ankle:P

The one thing I find hard to believe is that jumpers with that much combined experience couldn't come to the conclusion that the Bi-plane was the wrong plane before they even left the ground. I am tending to think that they needed a place to use the Red Bull plane and they cooked that event up fully knowing that it was going to be a bust. I'm sure (at least I hope) they sat down and discussed the plan on how they would do this jump beforehand and not on the airfield as it was portrayed on the program. I think it worked to Dave's and Kayleen's benefit that they were the low key ones as the program made the others look a bit out there in one way or another. I was impressed with kayleen's snowboarding and overall demeanor. I would of liked to see her hit a few more runs on the slopes.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Anyone else see all the "Wing Suitted Skydiver" footage on Discovery Channel last night? Had some really cool footage. ***

Sure did. My wife and I both watched it with interest, although watching Dave do that gainer off the cliff with his skis on was a beauty.

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Bump.

It's on again right now and it's pretty cheesy. I don't have that many jumps and zero base jumps, but these guys seem like they're making everything more dramatic than necessary. It wouldn've been much better if the interviews were replaced with the nice looking jumps.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

And I think I would say that he's one of the best BASE jumpers in the world.

I would have to agree.....It's the only reason i got intrested in base by watching him... very inspiring....B|

and then came "VKB"...... Thoes guys are like crack ... you just cant stop wanting more....:P

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"