flyhilo2

line dump on 9ft bridle and larger pilot chute

I made a RW jump using my wing suit packing procedures with a new bridle and pilot chute. The opening was very quick and hard. It blew the right tail section top and bottom skin out. I can only think I must have got a premature line dump
because of the encreased snatch force of the larger pilot chute. Has anybody else had this problem?

> I can only think I must have got a premature line dump
>because of the encreased snatch force of the larger pilot chute.

Unlikely. I used a 36" PC for a while with no problems. Line dump is rare unless you have _very_ worn elastic, a poorly fitting bag or other serious rig problems (like a container that exposes your lines.)

I pack with the bag ring next to the closing ring, bridle inside the pc. The only thing I can think of is because of the slow and soft openings with the wing suit I have not been rolling the nose. Because of the cold I decided to do
an RW jump instead of wing suit dive I set up good for the opening and the canopy had on heading opening but just hammered me. I would not think a bigger pilot chute would make that much difference thats why I think I must have had
line dump. Also I weigh 285 out the door my dytter average
speed 134 fastest 143 on that jump.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass but your 'out the door weight of 285' and your comment about blowing up lots of canopys should be a clue that weight might be a problem. Think Atkins. I lost 25 lbs. and increased my flyingtime almost 30 sec.. My average flite time is around 2 1/2 min. now.

If you ain't tried it, don't knock it.

If you ain't tried it , don't knock it.