shah269

AAD or no AAD...that is the question

well, it's not only others fuck-ups.. a simple entanglement with your camera-gear, or a loss of altitude-awareness, you may just be happy to have one!

In what kind of camera entanglement will AAD help? If it's pilot chute(can't really figure why I would throw that into my camera gear), then maybe, but I still would use the reserve myself before AAD activation.

I'm just saying that at this point I trust myself enough to jump without one at certain situations. Absolutely not saying it's not a great thing to have on a rig.

well, it's not only others fuck-ups.. a simple entanglement with your camera-gear, or a loss of altitude-awareness, you may just be happy to have one!

In what kind of camera entanglement will AAD help? If it's pilot chute(can't really figure why I would throw that into my camera gear), then maybe, but I still would use the reserve myself before AAD activation.

I'm just saying that at this point I trust myself enough to jump without one at certain situations. Absolutely not saying it's not a great thing to have on a rig.

just ask piisfish.. he will tell you! :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

why wouldn't you tell me here? :(

there's a whole thread about it; basically, his chute got entangled with his ringsight, and if it wasnt for his cypres, he wouldnt live to tell the story; to lazy to dig up the thread..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

that kind of thing doesn't happen, you know it very well :S;)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Cypres altitude.. been there, done that, got the T-shirt

Do you really get a T-shirt? I gotta get me one of those! :D
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

that kind of thing doesn't happen, you know it very well :S;)

weeeeell.. hasnt happened to me so far yet.. :)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Cypres altitude.. been there, done that, got the T-shirt

Do you really get a T-shirt? I gotta get me one of those! :D
look at my avatar pic.
it says :
Birth date 27.04.1972
New Birthdate : 16.05.2006
Thanks to my CYPRES

But I gave them an awesome video where you can see the reserve PC launching :)

if you are interested to know the story, search the incidents forum, thread title is something like : Last night a CYPRES saved my life.

You have the whole story, and at the end there is a link to the video.

if you are interested to know the story, search the incidents forum, thread title is something like : Last night a CYPRES saved my life.

will take a look, thanks.

will take a look, thanks.

told ye'.. :)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

congrats. You are among the bestest of the unfailable skydivers. You have been awarded a medal of "I will never make a mistake" :)

when there's an incident-report we can say "we told him so"! :P
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I couldn't resist a little troll, but I'll keep it small and not continue ;)

you are an adult with a license; you can pretty much do whatever you want to, nobody (well, most places anyway) will not let you jump in absence of an AAD. we just dont like seeing people go in with a no-out, something that could easily have been prevented.

that's all, no hard feelings! :)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

A friend offered me one for a very good price, a two year old AAD for about $1200 installed in the container.

I've paid $500 of the cost thus far, told him I would pay the outstanding cost over the next few months since i'm kind of strapped for cash due to refinancing this condo i hate.

So I was enjoying the sun and took a long walk.....and the more i thought about it.....the more i actually find myself regretting the decision to buy, putting a down payment, on the AAD.

Any one else feel this way?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

A friend offered me one for a very good price, a two year old AAD for about $1200 installed in the container.

I've paid $500 of the cost thus far, told him I would pay the outstanding cost over the next few months since i'm kind of strapped for cash due to refinancing this condo i hate.

So I was enjoying the sun and took a long walk.....and the more i thought about it.....the more i actually find myself regretting the decision to buy, putting a down payment, on the AAD.

Any one else feel this way?

No, I don't regret your decision...why would I? :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

in reply to "So I was enjoying the sun and took a long walk.....and the more i thought about it.....the more i actually find myself regretting the decision to buy, putting a down payment, on the AAD.

Any one else feel this way? "

Sure .
I was happily enjoying my jumping sans AAD .
I wasn't enjoying the 5hour+ drive to a non AAD DZ when 3 AAD DZ's were an hours drive.
I was spending way more on travel/accomodation than jumping.

Now an AAD looks like an investment to save me money in the long run , not cost me,.. added bonus it might even save my life one day or kill me.

Whats NOT to like??

Loss of freedom of choice? thats where the regret sneaks in. I can see people not learning stuff skydivers used to take for granted.
I hope I never expect my new AAD to save my life cause I know that means I'm not paying enough attention.

>the more i actually find myself regretting the decision to buy

AAD's are like seat belts, airbags, fire extinguishers - 99.9% of the time the best thing they can do is nothing. But that .1% of the time - you may be very glad you have it. Is that a worthwhile tradeoff? That's up to you.

>the more i actually find myself regretting the decision to buy

AAD's are like seat belts, airbags, fire extinguishers - 99.9% of the time the best thing they can do is nothing. But that .1% of the time - you may be very glad you have it. Is that a worthwhile tradeoff? That's up to you.

yeah..........
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

It's simply buyer's remorse, a very common emotion in any transaction.

Did you buy the brand that times out or did you buy one that will be good for a long time?

ChutingStar has brand new Vigils for 1395. So yeah, depending on the brand and all, a 2 yo aad for 1200 is a good, fair price. :)

Did you buy the brand that times out or did you buy one that will be good for a long time?

ChutingStar has brand new Vigils for 1395. So yeah, depending on the brand and all, a 2 yo aad for 1200 is a good, fair price. :)

Now THERE's cause for buyers remorse, he could have gotten a better one new for less cost per year...:ph34r:;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

:D:D:D:D

Believe it was John that said something along the lines of: I like my AAD, it calls me a pro every time I look at it!

Now THERE's cause for buyers remorse, he could have gotten a better one new for less cost per year...:ph34r:;)

ETA, I thought the CYPRES was supposed to be '0 Down', not '$500 down'?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message