shah269

AAD or no AAD...that is the question

AAD or no AAD....that is the question.
These things really hold their value so well!
$1,400 new Cypress or $1,100 two year old used, never fired.

Well there are always those Argusus's things....

But I do need A suit...tired of "Barrowing"

Thoughts?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I just spent $1480.00 Can for a Vigil 2. best money I ever spent,,,besides that considering my life insurance doesn't cover skydiving or aviation related activities the wife won't let me jump without one

:D

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

But I do need A suit...tired of "Barrowing"

Most of your questions and thoughts on DZ.com have seemed pretty reasonable, but debating on whether to spend your money on a jumpsuit before an AAD is putting you dangerously close to the New-age Skydiving Dumbass zone.

(No moderators, that wasn't a personal attack. "New-age Skydiving Dumbass" is an actual category of skydiver and "the zone" is where they hang out when they sign on to dz.com)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Yeah I know a very serious dumb ass thought....
Ho hum....I guess I need to get an AAD ASAP.
I'm at jump 50 and right about now people say stuff gets dangerous.

I'll check out th eclassifieds. Or maybe buy new...
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

"I would be really pissed if I went in and still had $1400 in the bank"

Well off to buy a first hand AAD and a secon hand flight suit with booties ;)

"I would be really pissed if I went in and still had $1400 in the bank"

Well off to buy a first hand AAD and a secon hand flight suit with booties ;)

Glad you agree, I thought it was a pretty good way of looking at it.

Hell, you might as well put it on your credit card, that way if you get killed in a canopy collision or doing a low turn you still win... kind of :P
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Glad you agree, I thought it was a pretty good way of looking at it.

Hell, you might as well put it on your credit card, that way if you get killed in a canopy collision or doing a low turn you still win... kind of :P

OK that there is smart!

I am looking as used and well..they are $1,100 a pop. And you can't put it on credit.

Can't even seem to find a second hand suit either!
WTF gives! All you freaking free flyers!

Considering that a whole LOT, read almost all if a frap hat isn't a helmet, of skydivers did that prior to 1993, well maybe it's not so bad. In those days skydivers were killed in free fall, not under an open and functioning canopy.:S

Is it the best choice today? Maybe not but it's a valid choice if DZ and local laws allow.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

On the whole they are more likely to save your life than to cause you a problem.

How confident are you of your ability to remain conscious and complete your EPs?

The bold face says it all. No one has a crystal ball in this sport. I'm very confident in my abilities to do EP's. I'm pretty sure I won't get knocked out on most loads. But I still use an AAD.:)
Besides, we're all confident in our abilities, maybe more so than we should be. ;)

Get an AAD. If it's a cypress, there is an incredible used market for the things and you can sell it for more than half the value when it has about half the life yet. I recently sold an expert cypres with 22 months left on it for $475! (cypres value calculator said is was worth around $320 if I remember correctly). I had several offers at that price, probably could have gotten more.

So yes, the used AAD market is extremely competitive. Mine sold overnight on the classifieds here. If someone is foolish enough to sell you a cypres at the rate shown on the value calculator, buy it up with no questions asked and resell that thing for a profit!

Question: If you really really needed an AAD and could make the decision as to when to buy it, what would you pay for it?

Answer: You would give everything you have and go out and borrow more!

Well, you can't buy it right before you need it so this is about as close as it will probably get..... and you don't have to borrow more.
Dano

OK Ok ok....I got one!
Darn it guys! I wanted to be "bad ass"

Well...I guess the suit will have to wait....why are all you freaking guys skinny or short or worse...all of you freaking free fly!
A brother can't find a nice second had Bev suit!

OK Ok ok....I got one!
Darn it guys! I wanted to be "bad ass"

Well...I guess the suit will have to wait....why are all you freaking guys skinny or short or worse...all of you freaking free fly!

I'm 5' 10", 175 lbs and only belly fly. :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I'm sure there's a Hot Bod suit out there to fit you.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?