SuperWoman

Largest Flock?

Joboulay,

14 way flocking are big and quite an accomplishment if you can hold it tight.

I do not know your (or this forums) definition of flocking. So please forgive me if I understand this wrong.

If you by flocking mean that you exit in one group and play together? If so, bigger flocks have been done.

I just say Swedish Hercules Boogie.

PerFlare

Yeah, I think he just means birds in the air. 14 docked would be a hell of an accomplishment. The largest I know of was 27 at the Herc Boogie of which you speak. I think we can break it with two planes at Eloy this year, though.

Speaking of which, people who have the most experience with bigger flocks should be thinking now about LOing two planes at Eloy, and making the idea a little less nightmarish. I've never done more than five (or was it six?).

Someone with the appropriate knowledge should start a thread about LOing large flocks and formations. I'm very interested in understanding the safety, exit, flight, and breakoff plans. This aspect of wingsuit flying is still foreign to me.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

At Perris we had a 15 -way all wingsuit load in the skyvan. A percentage of the flockers were visitors.
It is really hard to tell who has wingsuits as its seldom ones primary form of play, other guys are dusting off their old classics out of the closet now that the flock is growing and they have others to fly with. I do know who most of the regulars are.

Actually we were 14 birds out of a king air at the same time working on a wedge shaped formation. It build up to 8 or 9 flying close and the rest working hard to take their slots. I have been told that seen from the ground, it look like a big fighter formation. Even though i don't know for sure what the "official" flock is... ;)

I jump, I live, I love. Ourson #1 Ordre des Ours Polaires Volants

The largest I know of was 27 at the Herc Boogie of which you speak. I think we can break it with two planes at Eloy this year, though.

We did some nice 15 way going on at weston a few weeks back... the 27 way was awesome but ragged, it's tough to say what constitutes a flock as there is always distance between the lead and the stragglers.. when does a flock become a massive cloud of solo's???

Herc boogie 2002 there were 30 wingsuit flyers, there are already 15 brits going to the 2004 to cruise the skies... should be able to get a wicked flock building up during that week.

As for the origional thread, there are about 10 winged people at my home dz.

Fordy
Fordy