RACEDOG

Neptune audible

Has anyone jumped the new audible by Alti-2, [Neptune] with a wingsuit. From what i've read it seams like a nice unit. I want to get one. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Rich.

That is my primary alti, and i only do wingsuit jumps.. I don't use it as an audible though i use it as my wrist mount, have a protrak for audible. Do you have any questions ?

Yes Kevin, I'd like to know how it works with your Bird-Man. How accurate are your freefall times, does it sometimes record short delays because it thinks you've opened...or even not record a jump at all during a hop and pop...I've seen this happen with protracks. If you can, just elaborate on your overall satisfaction or dissatisfaction with the unit...how does it compare to your protrack? If you could only afford one audible which would you prefer.
Thanks, Rich

Well i did a full review of the neptune here shortly after I got it, and also found a bug during night jumps here .

All the gripes I had in the first review have pretty much been taken care of, and the problem with the night jump has been fixed as well. Again, I don't use mine as an audible so having to choose between two for an audible i don't know what to say. I use my protrak as an audible, the neptune is cheaper than a protrak and does more so i'd say it's a better value. When I first started jumping the neptune the times and ff speeds were off by a significant amount, but after a few jumps it got better and now it's pretty much the same as the protrak (except of course when I fly for more than 119 seconds).... the neptune has had issues with reseting to 0, etc.. but these were flaws in the logic of the code which have since been "fixed" (i haven't had issues anymore with them).

The neptune is a quickly developing product, from what I hear there are talks of a wingsuit version of it which i'm sure will also be available to current neptune owners through a flash upgrade.

There have been some complaints (though I haven't had this problem) of being able to read the screen at an angle.. people with polarized lenses will definately have some more difficulty.

Something to keep in mind though, it is an electronic device.. so be sure and keep batterys handy or a analog alti if you're going to use it as an alti. They estimate a casual jumper will be able to jump a year (not using any backlight) with one battery.

Kevin

Two people that I've known who've purchased the Neptune both ended up with cracks in the plastic around the screws where the unit is mounted. Sweet looking piece of equipment, though.

That'll happen if you go nust torquing it down...which you don't need to do. Just tighten the screws until they're snug.

And as for Kevin's response, I have to agree. The new 1.17 code is absolutely great and I've had nothing but great performance out of mine since I put it on it.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Thanks for the info everyone i've just ordered mine!
The response i've gotten has been mostly positive...bugs are almost completely eliminated with the latest software and can only get better. Alti-2 tells me that Yari is helping develop a wingsuit version. I'll post my opinion ASAP after use.

Again thanks for the info.
Rich

Thanks for the info everyone i've just ordered mine!
The response i've gotten has been mostly positive...bugs are almost completely eliminated with the latest software and can only get better. Alti-2 tells me that Yari is helping develop a wingsuit version. I'll post my opinion ASAP after use.

Again thanks for the info.
Rich

You mean Jari.. not to be confused with Yuri :)