ParaShoot

Wingsuit weekends @ Teuge, The Netherlands.

Thanks to all the guys and gals @ Teuge for a fun weekend :)
2 caravans + 15,000ft, + 8 way flocks + good weather = big smiles and tired wings!!

Thanks to Henny (great organiser), Costyn (sweet vid & manly docks), Saskia (awesome photos and now PFI), Tristan, (not toothless, he grew Vampire fangs), Rob (for his dayglo wings), Johann (who tried bigger wings and was all over it) and Hans (who left the CRW dogs alone to flock with us) :)
I think that we all learnt a lot this weekend and most importantly we had fun! Hope to see you again soon.

Long flights
James
BASEstore.it

Great video guys, I liked the nice solid dock around 3:15. B|

Hehe thanks. That was a great dock... it was challenging to keep it flying, but it was very quiet and you can see us talking to eachother. We couldn't really hear eachother, but lipreading was sufficient to make ourselves understood. It was SO awesome! B| Too bad our AADs were going off and we had to break the formation. Thats the last thing you see me say: "breakoff?" :)
Anyways, if anyone has trouble with the DivX avi, here's a standard Windows WMV:

www.xs4all.nl/~costyn/wingsuitweekend.wmv

Sorry, its still around 50 MB. I'm trying to get it to render smaller, but not sure which options need to be tweaked. Still learning! :)
Enjoy!

p.s. James, hope you don't mind I used your (in your words) "crappy" landing. It was the only one I had! ;)
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

p.s. James, hope you don't mind I used your (in your words) "crappy" landing. It was the only one I had! ;)

It's ok, we're used to James doing crappy things. :D

I'm not sure why I always end up poking fun at you on these forums, James. :o The opportunities just keep popping up!
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

The next Teuge Wingsuit Weekend is coming up in less then 2 weeks.
Jari wil be there along with Henny Wiggers to do coaching/organising...

*edit* and the hottest dutch wingsuit girl around..(better saskia?)

Who's comin'!?
Flock me!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

We already did some jumps today, nice weather but hazy so my photo's aren't great. Did a 2-way with for me pretty good results, see profile. Now I gotta KEEP it in the low forties....

Also 5 penguin-wannabe's just finished their first flight course, so tomorrow they'll be spreading their wings for the first time :)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I just wanna say that I had a great time this weekend!

Henny, thank you for the organizing! Jari, thanks for bringing along all the cool toys for us to play with. And everyone else, thanks for all the fun jumps we did!

Hope Saskia is gonna post more pics and someone is gonna make a video?

Cheers,

Costyn.

Yea...especialy the high-speed racing flocks where cool..
Getting out at 3 to 4 miles, flocking the 1st part of the jump and just racing the second part, who-ever is over the DZ first...:)

And a real exciting flock, where the second group came to say hello to the first group. Makes for some interesting video...:S
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Uploaded a video of the last weekend to skydivingmovies.com

Looks like you guys had a good time. Nice steady flying and cool visuals with the clouds in some of those shots. As usual, I am quite impressed with the editting. I only have one question, who is that doing a PAC-MAN imitation, zooming all over the sky in some of those shots? :)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Looks like you guys had a good time. Nice steady flying and cool visuals with the clouds in some of those shots. As usual, I am quite impressed with the editting. I only have one question, who is that doing a PAC-MAN imitation, zooming all over the sky in some of those shots? :)

That would be me in the bright yellow PF Phantom that James had kindly sent me to try out that weekend. At the speed the flock was going, the suit did not generate enough lift (or I was just incapable of flying it :)
On the same weekend, I did 2 jumps with an S3S (black with red deflectors, usually on the right side of the formation). No zooming this time... (I was flying both suits for the first time that weekend). This is why I finally opted to buy the S3S instead of the Phantom, cause it would be easier for flocking for me, but we've discussed this to death already in earlier threads.

Anyways, before we start another huge flame war, I want to say this disclaimer: I am not pro-Birdman and anti-PF. I really liked the Phantom and Vampire, they were a lot of fun to fly and very comfortable, but I decided that ultimately the S3S would be better suited for flocking for me (I can't say anything for anyone else obviously). "Your mileage may vary"

Cheers,

Costyn.

Maybe nice to actually post the link to the video B|

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=3104

You bastard. I was thinking of using that song in a video sometime. :P Now, I will point out what only a true Tool fan would have noticed - that you cut that song in at least 2 separate places. But I will let it slide since otherwise you wouldn't have been able to include the best part, the ending. :)
Other than stealing my song, great video. B| At least you did justice to a good song with equally good editing.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Noice...yea...I had to chop the song up pretty bad (3 cuts in there)
But I only had little footage to work with, and nearly 90% of what I had is in there.

Otherwise I would have had to switch to lengthy slowmo's etc. to fit the length of the song...but thats not 'tool'
Tool needs raw footage...no slowmo's B|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?