ParaShoot

Wingsuit weekends @ Teuge, The Netherlands.

The weekends of September 27-28 and November 01-02 I’ll be organizing two wingsuit camps in cooperation with National Skydiving Center Teuge, The Netherlands (www.para-teuge.nl).

The first weekend is meant to make the beginners enthusiastic for this discipline and to let them make their first jumps after instruction and under supervision. We’ll transform you from fallers into flyers. With the more experienced flyers we start flying formations, as preparation for the upcoming National record attempts. The second weekend the focus will be on bigger formations. Of course less experienced flyers are welcome as well.

As BMI I’ll be accompanied by a few experienced flyers to give all participants the attention they need. Registration fee is € 20 and I’ve 8 wingsuits (incl. 1 Matter) available which are for rent at € 12 / jump incl. instruction (after 8 jumps € 8). Birdman will also send some demo suits in NOT standard sizes. The instruction jumps are partly sponsored by the the DZ Paracentrum Teuge. The other part (€ 10) is on account of the student. So for ONE extra jumpticket you jump with a wingsuit and an instructor.

So far 15 beginners and 15 flyers with experience (all Dutch) have registered and I expect a lot more will follow. It’ll be a great gathering.

Hope to C ya @ Teuge,

Henny Wiggers

Where is the dropzone in Holland. I cant seem to find the english version on your home page.

Huh you're right, apparently during the last make-over the english pages have been discarded....

Anyway this is the adres:

Nationaal Paracentrum Teuge
De Zanden 11 d
7395 PA TEUGE

tel: 055-3231604
fax: 055-3231603

e-mail: [email protected]

It's near Apeldoorn and Deventer, both have train stations.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Yippy!!!! Made my first 6 (!!) wingsuit jumps yesterday!!!

This friday night I attended a seminar, given by Henny Wiggers & Jean-Louis Beckers. Next morning, I was on the first load, wearing a borrowed Classic I for a video-ed first (oops) BM jump with Jean-Louis. Man that smile didn't vanish for the rest of the day :)
Hit 49 mph, with an average of 60 mph, which I thought was pretty cool.

After that, tried some more 2-ways and a 3-way, which didn't always work out real good (if somebody takes off, you're bound to be too late following them :S), so that needs some (ehm a LOT) more work, from all of us.

But man, is this fun!!!!!!!!! :)
There were 21 bird-men and -women, of all shapes and sizes: tall (2.03 m), short (1.54 m), thick and thin, but for everybody there was a suitable suit.

An estimated total of over a 100 BM jumps were made yesterday, from 13k-15k. This must be a dutch record; so many penguins/penguin-loads ?! ;)

Most of the jumps were recorded by the available pro-tracks, freefall times of almost 2 minutes came up frequently.

Today more wingsuiters will be joining us, for a refinement of techniques, and for the advanced jumpers, some more formations.

However, so far the weather hasn't been very cooperative [:/]

ciel bleu,
Saskia

We flew 2 loads today (bad weather) and we did a few 4/5 ways (most people are showing up tomorrow...didn't come today with the rain and clouds and all..:()

We managed to land 12,5 Kilometers from the dropzone due to some incompetent a**hole flying base, who had no idea where he was going (okay..nobody could see a thing or had a clue about where we where.....but you have to blame someoneB|)

Wonder who that was....:$

Farmers with Pitchforks in the field where we landed, a lot of yelling in Dutch (lucky James didn't understand one wordB|) then realizing nobody had a mobile phone with him...and taking the one female wingsuiter in the flock to an old lady down the road the ask in a shy, polite way if we could use the phone...

Back just in time for beer and dinner....(pics from saskia will follow)

She has 150 wingsuit jumps now btw. (as opposed to the one above..where she had 6:P)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Riiight... Thanx a***hole for digging up this old thread :S:P

My 150th wingsuit jump.... This is my home DZ and I also had absolutely no clue whatsoever where we were, so not entirely your fault ;)

First jump with my new (2nd hand though) 20 mm lens on my D70 I managed little in the way of birdman pics....

This is what pics I did get:

ciel bleu,
Saskia

"Dank u wel" to everyone at Teuge dropzone for a great weekend :).

Rolf Brombach & Henny Wiggers both did a great job organising the flocks. We managed 5 loads whilst I was there (but perhaps the guys managed some more yesterday evening?)

It was great to meet Saskia, Jarno, J-lo, Rick and all the other Dutch wingsuit pilots who attended :)
Jarno gave us a sneak preview of his new 3D flock briefing application. Very, very cool, allowing you to simulate the formation building, flying and breaking off as an animation from any camera angle imaginable.

The 12km off landing was quite an adventure :P luckily Dutch farmers do not always carry shotguns! Farmer McNasty thought he was under attack as 5 canopies came swooping into his field. It was not all Jarno's fault, none of us had checked the spot prior to climbing out. [:/]

There is another wingsuit weekend planned for 8-10th July at Teuge - if you can make it I would strongly recommend it. Great DZ, great people, great flyers and a great aircraft. All the ingredients are there for some awesome flocks and Henny has some cool formations planned :)
BASEstore.it

And there is also a wingsuit introductory weekend at the Black Knights Parachute Club, Cockerham, in the UK this, er, weekend. Jumping from the monster F-GODZ Porter. 15 grand in 12 minutes!
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Some pics from the first day:

Noice!!

If only I hadn't lent my S3 to some toothless flyer..and I had won the lotery...then I would have been there..

Looks like Im missing out on all the fun *snif*

I'll be there next time...but sadly can't make it this weekend.
Tomorrows weather-forecast is looking damn good...so make a ton of good jumps..and (saskia) post more of those purrrrrdy pictures and get your ass onto editing and uploading asap after the weekend...

I still need to wait 2 weeks untill I get to fly again...(but wil be flying for 10 days straight...summer boogieee)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

This weekend was great!

James, thanks for lending me your Vampire and all your instructions! I really really really want one!!!

I would also like to thank the broke flyer for lending me his S3;). 13 days to go, lets do some great flocking in Seedorf!

I'm off now to find a job to pay for all this fun:(
Tristan
Will you answer "NO" to my next question?

nice pics saskia, i wish i was there to jump with you guys. i bought a V-1 and it flies great, now all i need is some more expericence.
luka
p.s. did 2 jumps with prodigy from Kjerag and it was awesome
---------------------------------
canyon bar

BTW Jarno if you have a clue how to make avi's from mac dv files, I can start editing :S

Saskia, I'm gonna try to see if Sony's Vegas understands the raw DV files I captured off the cameras. I have some editing experience, so I would like to try to put together the footage as well. Hope that's ok? I mean, there's not really a problem if there are 2 videos using the same material is there?

I find it weird that Premiere converts them to AVI when capturing them. Digital camera's don't actually record in avi file format with DVSB codec I think?

Anyways, maybe GSpot (http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=115) or VirtualDub (http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=VirtualdubMOD)will help identify it. [:/]

Good luck. I'll let you know if Vegas will read the files.

Cheers

[edit: added another URL]
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

As promised, here's a video I hacked toghether last night:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~costyn/wingsuitweekend-hq.avi

It's a 50MB DivX avi. Enjoy!

I have no idea what my bandwidth quota is, but if it dies, I'll put it somewhere else (and post the link of course). Or maybe I'll make it a bittorrent download; but maybe people aren't familiar with that?

Cheers
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News