jayhfx

First flight!!!

The GTi is such a wonderful suit. I flew mine yesterday after having put 36 jumps on my S3, and I loved it. It's very well-rounded. You can get a great fall rate, good forward speed, and perform the full array of aerobatics without all the effort/muscle of the S3. Fly it right, and you'll have no problem staying with Skyflyer 1/3 flocks or even high performance canopies.

I think I'll be flying mine for as long as I fly wingsuits. When the S3 has thoroughly done my arms in after four - six flights, I can throw on the GTi and keep flying for the rest of the day. I just wish I would have gotten more options on mine, as I did not realize at the time how much I'd fly it.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

sweet dude, I'm sure I'll be feeling the same way. Your obviously in the know with these suits so maybe you or someone reading this can help me out.

Is there anyone dealing in used suits? I've responded to a few ads here in the classifieds but would certainly look at other places. My first one I'd like to purchase used no offense to BMI.

peace

Yeah, but keep in mind, I'm a wuss. Either that or you aren't flying hard enough. ;)

Hey, man... get under 40 eight times in a row and you will be sore. I'm lifting those dumbbells, running those miles, and living on a Vietnamese diet right now. It's actually helping out quickly and significantly. I used to break down after about 45 seconds of full S3 flight, now I can push it for who-knows-how-long-these-flights-are. I need to get one of those ProTracks that go over 119 seconds. 44 MPH overall average for 10,000 feet is well over the two-minute mark. :)

Click

Yeah, I heard about. Not hyper-interested just yet. My camera helmet shipped last week, and I do have a video and still camera for it. Still need one of those mouth clicky thingies. Just going to do video at first before getting a still camera on top.

Click

PS: Ask jari or LouDiamond if I fly my S3 efficiently.

CHECK IT!! sky:ph34r:one and Jari gave me a run for my money on one flight. They were both scalding the dog in their SF3's .
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

You do know that there is going to be a BirdMan specific Neptune, don't you?

I've been talking to people down the street at Alti II and they have no idea what I'm talking about when I ask about the "birdman specific" neptune! Maybe I'm talking to the wrong people there? It's not a big place, lol. Can you please confirm your sources and what exactly this specific neptune will entail?? The regular neptune already records unlimited freefall time and is perfect for wingsuit flying.

Please confirm this stuff, I'm really curious to know and would like to ask about it again at Alti II if I get a good reply here:)

PS, Manbird - I have no problems maxing my suit as well ... I don't know why it's taking so much "strength" to get your suit maxed, but I'm reaching in the 30s according to the protrack, and usually, it shows deployment at 5-6000ft (which means that's the altitude I was at when it stopped recording at the 2minute mark). From there I average how long my freefall time is by "guesstimating" about 10 secods for every 1000ft. I usually open at 3, so I get 2min20-30sec flights. You really shouldn't be using all that MUSCLE, maybe you're too tense, relax and let the muscle memory do the work!

Trailer 11/12 was the best. Thanks for the memories ... you guys rocked!

You do know that there is going to be a BirdMan specific Neptune, don't you?

I've been talking to people down the street at Alti II and they have no idea what I'm talking about when I ask about the "birdman specific" neptune! Maybe I'm talking to the wrong people there? It's not a big place, lol. Can you please confirm your sources and what exactly this specific neptune will entail?? The regular neptune already records unlimited freefall time and is perfect for wingsuit flying.

Please confirm this stuff, I'm really curious to know and would like to ask about it again at Alti II if I get a good reply here:)

PS, Manbird - I have no problems maxing my suit as well ... I don't know why it's taking so much "strength" to get your suit maxed, but I'm reaching in the 30s according to the protrack, and usually, it shows deployment at 5-6000ft (which means that's the altitude I was at when it stopped recording at the 2minute mark). From there I average how long my freefall time is by "guesstimating" about 10 secods for every 1000ft. I usually open at 3, so I get 2min20-30sec flights. You really shouldn't be using all that MUSCLE, maybe you're too tense, relax and let the muscle memory do the work!

Well I don't know who you talked to, i think there are only 3 or 4 people who work there :-) I talked to them last week and they are working on one, it is just a software change so you can get the neptune that is out now and flash it later (if you have a computer with an IR port) once it has been released.

Also they say the software should be out in september (for data dumps) and will be less than 50.00

Kevin

Tamer, are you looking at SAS or TAS? If you're charts leave the screen at 6,000 - 5,000... about the same place mine usually do, that's 40 ~ 44 MPH TAS, not 30, which is still an excellent fall rate, and what one should be doing with the S1/S3 after some time. SAS pretty much always gives significantly lower numbers, ESPECIALLY, at drop zones with a low MSL (like DeLand and Z-Hills). SAS is meant more for people at high altitude DZs that want to see how they'd perform at sea level. However, when you set your PT to SAS very close to sea level, the calculations result in very low numbers.

30 (TAS) isn't tough to achieve, but pretty much impossible to maintain throughout a flight. That would pretty much make you best wingsuit flyer in the world, in terms of fall rate. Holding it for ten to fifteen seconds seems a little more realistic, and even then, it'd be more of a curve's peak than straight line on a chart.

And no, I'm not "muscling" the suit. I think anyone can testify that a few flights into the day, you feel a burn in your arms after a couple minutes of keeping the suit maxed (and pretty much only on solos).

There's a great thread on the ProTrack here:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=528999;search_string=SAS%20TAS;#528999

And for those who don't know, when someone shows you their ProTrack after a wingsuit flight and says, "Hey! Check out my fall rate!". Look for a dot to the left of the speed. If there is a dot there, that is SAS. Add about 20% to get their real speed. ;)

Click