dgskydive

1st and 2nd Birdsuit jumps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW! I just did my first two Birdman jumps today. Kim from Birdman is here all weekend. GREAT experience! My first jump was a two way with her. I don't know if any of you have jumped with her, but she is awesome! 1st jump and we dock! I went right back up and did another two way with my friend Dana. It was both our second jump and we docked as well! I am so pumped up right now it's incredible! Now I know why people do it. I'm hooked! The forward speed is unbelievable! It;s like turning on the booster rockets and taking off! WOW!!!!!
Dom

First flights were made out here as well by Phreezone, MonkeyLip, and PYKE! All did very well and now understand the meaning of life.

Well, anyone with any sense knows the meaning of life is 42!

In this case, I believe it stands for the factor used when computing the fun level of one's skydiving.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Hey there D! Thanks for the compliment! You made my job easy - a perfect first flight and not to mention FUN for both of us!!! You really rocked the house up there. I hope you're able to get a suit soon so you can get back to flying.

I had such a blast in Perris. There are some really nice people there. Plus, the staff and pilots were so easy to work with.

It was great to meet you, D. See you the next time I'm out west.

~Kim Griffin
-Kimberly Griffin

I'm gonna do a few more today. A buddy has a classic that fits and I'm gonna take it from him today. I'll get one soon. I figure I'll get really good with his (he doesn't mind) then get a GTI or Sky Flyer. Thanks again! By the way I saw you and Kevin bouncing all over the place that night! I was gonna come say hi but I was to drunk to walk over and say hello!
Dom

Nice one - welcome to the flock! It just gets better and better - I'm working on my backflying now and trying to get tighter vertical transitions and docks. Hot-doggin' it across the wide blue yonder never fails to put a smile on my face....! B|

A couple newbie questions:

I'm very interested in Wingsuit-Flying some day. I've only made one jump (making several more this weekend). Edit: When I say "one jump" I mean just that, "one jump". Not one Wingsuit jump.

Anywho: How many skydives had you made before your first Wingsuit dive?

Also, how hard would you say it is to stay stable while flying with a Wingsuit? Quite a lot harder than regular belly flying? Easier? The same?

Thanks.

-Kramer

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

In looking back at my log book to tally up my wingsuit jumps, I recently discovered that my first wingsuit jump was 260. I don't log to a book very often (ProTrack). I found that I had 40 more wingsuit jumps (~280) than I thought I had, and started flying wingsuits about 80 jumps earlier than I though I had. Oops!

Note: I did a LOT of preparation (dozens of wingsuit-style tracking dives, memorized the manual, tons and tons and tons of practice pulls on the ground and practice exits on the mockup). I didn't have formal instruction, but got a lot of advice from experienced flyers, online, on the phone and in person.

I strongly believe that the individual matters more than the jump numbers. Someone with 260 jumps that hasn't really thought about it should get training. Someone with 260 jumps that got into the sport because of wingsuits and has worked towards it for a long time will fare better.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

How many skydives had you made before your first Wingsuit dive?

Also, how hard would you say it is to stay stable while flying with a Wingsuit? Quite a lot harder than regular belly flying? Easier? The same?

I'd say it's a bit harder than when belly flying, but easier than when tracking for effect.

But hey, I have all of 4 wingsuit dives. As of last weekend.

No, we did not link up on my first flight. We (well, they) did fly a nice close 3-man formation though. Thanks, Henny and Leon!

(edit: spelling)
Johan.
I am. I think.

>Anywho: How many skydives had you made before your first Wingsuit dive?

>Also, how hard would you say it is to stay stable while flying with a
>Wingsuit? Quite a lot harder than regular belly flying? Easier? The same?

It's about as hard as staying stable during a good track. It's a bit harder to get stable after going unstable.