SkymonkeyONE

Me being older and wiser

After a couple of hundered wingsuit flights on HP mains well under 100 square feet, and two chops in my wingsuits as a result of spinners, I chose to send back the smaller of my two Velocities (a 75) and have them send me a Sabre2 97. I posted about this briefly in another thread, but figured it warranted another thread. While the 97 is still a very small main, it is quite a bit larger than what I normally jump (A Velocity 79). Also, being quite a bit less elliptical, it is far less prone to off-heading openings. That said, here are the pics! I am pretty sure this is the only PD/BM factory team colors Sabre2 in existence, but I could be wrong. At any rate, it's damn sexy.

Edited to add that I hear Lisa from the Norgies jumps a 120 with the same applique and end cell color.

Peace!

Chuck

hangingSabre2.jpg

Sabre2side.jpg

Damm Chuck, I just had to say this:

You are definitely one of the smartest and best canopy pilots I know. It takes a real pilot to know what is best for a given situation (non HP for wingsuit flights) and not be pressured into the norm. Now I understand how you have come to last so long in the sport. I am totally with you on this one.

But if you start placing in swoop comps with that Saber2 I will most likely start crying.

Later.

learn to fly in 3d

But if you start placing in swoop comps with that Saber2 I will most likely start crying.

Hey, the S2 can be a swoop monster (for a non-x-braced) when flown right and at the right wingloading.

I'm by no means a kick ass swooper or even a really good swooper, so I know Chuck could seriously blow this out of the water, but I did do a 250+ft swoop on a Sabre2 170 a couple weeks ago.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You thinking about doing birdman dave? I heard they are now making the wings in a new size...."King Size Bed sheets" :D:D:P
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

You thinking about doing birdman dave?

Actually, its something I really want to do. I've just got a little too much going on right now in my own little skydiving world to really pursue it at this moment.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Glad to hear someone is thinking about landing and smooth openings. I have about 100 birdman flights up here in the great white north now. I have a second rig just for this and have...get this a BIG FAT MANTA in it. Big soft and docile. Ya I take heat about my big fat canopy but you know what...opens everytime on heading, line twist or not, and lands soft and easy to put in a back yard if I have to. The fun is flying the suit....not landing it. Think about what are the most problems you hear about wing suits. Spinning mals !! I would just a soon avoid cutting away as part of my "fun jump" just for the sake of being Kool! Live to jump another day and another and another....Each to their own but say what they want....I make it back most every time and land soft when others pound in! Number of cutaways on the Birdman suit.....0...that says it all. It is afterall suppose to be fun and worrying that you may have to cutaway on opening doesn't make anyones skydive the fun as it should be. I lent my suit to a very experienced skydiver friend to use with an extremely small canopy. He had over 4000 jumps and guess what...jump #3....cutaway from a spinner. He now jumps my spare suit and uses a larger canopy himself. If it is all about kool, its very kool to jump and land safely and have all the fun you intened to. After 20 years of jumping I must say....the Birdman suit is the most fun I have had yet!!! Play safe. (Guana 425)

Whassss up Chuckie... I know what you mean. I honestly love my Sabre2 (97). I was hesitant to change over from my Velocity but once I demoed it I was digging it. Like you said, you can get this canopy to swoop. (Not that I can swoop like you do - yet.) Plus, I can't imagine better openings.

Hey, I have the same colors as you but I'm not as cool as you with the big logo. Check out the attachment for pic (although you can't see my red end cell.)

Hope life is treating you well up in NC. It's been typical jungle weather in DeLand.

See you in Rantoul. ~Kimibird
-Kimberly Griffin

2003_0322_134205AB.jpg

Guana, interesting post. I've got about 150 wingsuit jumps using a stiletto 170 and no problems. I particularly liked your comment about how much you like wing suit jumping. I wish more people would get into it. Horizontal r/w is a super rush. Maybe we shouldn't let the word out as 'they' may like it and take up all our airspace.

Parasweep
If you ain't tried it , don't knock it.