joboulay

Smoke trail..

I've read a while ago about people who make a smoke trail using flour; making it a cold type of smoke... Did anyone tried this while wingsuitflying? And if so, is it visible from ground? And last but no least, what is the setup to do that??

I jump, I live, I love. Ourson #1 Ordre des Ours Polaires Volants

I've read a while ago about people who make a smoke trail using flour; making it a cold type of smoke... Did anyone tried this while wingsuitflying? And if so, is it visible from ground? And last but no least, what is the setup to do that??

Uh... yeah i don't think that will work well with BM suits.. i've done smoke with BM but with skydiver smoke (see my post in G&R).. the skydiver smoke i've used really sucks. the flour people use is a *10 lb bag* they duct tape it to their leg and cut a slit on the end.. i don't think that will work with BM

and it would be a big mess too i'm sure

kevin

[ the flour people use is a *10 lb bag* they duct tape it to their leg and cut a slit on the end.. i don't think that will work with BM

kevin

Back in the good old days I used to pack a loose knit sock with flour and tape it to my ankle. Worked pretty good for cheap and easy smoke for demos. In fact, I've been thinking of trying for a similar thing for wingsuit flights ....

Any ideas as to best way to fix a flour filled sock to the suit?

fergbird

[ the flour people use is a *10 lb bag* they duct tape it to their leg and cut a slit on the end.. i don't think that will work with BM

kevin

Back in the good old days I used to pack a loose knit sock with flour and tape it to my ankle. Worked pretty good for cheap and easy smoke for demos. In fact, I've been thinking of trying for a similar thing for wingsuit flights ....

Any ideas as to best way to fix a flour filled sock to the suit?

fergbird

how did you attach it before?? Only thing I can think of off hand is to tape it to the top of your foot..

that is much more doable than a 10lb bag of flour :)
i actually thought about trying that one once... beats the 26.00 can of smoke.

Kevin